Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Callsign
PRINCE51
I would like to make a birth announcement, last night at Chicago Assembly Plant my baby ST was born, she is a beauty. Here she is just outside waiting for extra QC at "Squeaks and Rattle" testing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here she is after a second QC Water Penetration Test

IMG_2044.JPG

I see a PUI in the background of the 2nd pic...

hope you had an epidural as that looks quite porky..

And congrats!

I would like to make a birth announcement, last night at Chicago Assembly Plant my baby ST was born, she is a beauty. Here she is just outside waiting for extra QC at "Squeaks and Rattle" testing.
That’s awesome!! I’m assuming you work for or know someone who works for the plant since you were able to get Pic’s of your actual truck.

That’s awesome!! I’m assuming you work for or know someone who works for the plant since you were able to get Pic’s of your actual truck.

Yes friends who work on the Police Program and Plant QC

Sweet. Do they all go through the Squeaks and Rattle testing? If not get us on the list LOL

Sweet. Do they all go through the Squeaks and Rattle testing? If not get us on the list LOL

They have a team who is tasked with production line QC at various stages of the build, when not dealing with specific issues they randomly pull Explorers off the line and into a QC room where its so freaking bright with lighting its sickening. The vehicle gets heavily scrutinized by staff and laser measuring machines. Then they will ship that vehicle off to Squeaks and Rattles where it goes on a hoist and they literally shake the hell out of the vehicle. Then it can go to a second more intense water leak test. I watched them do a vehicle when I was at CAP it was very interesting to see how thorough they are.

Was interesting to watch a guy whose job it is too stare at paint with a special light and find imperfections.

The people on the end of the production line that drive the vehicles out of the plant into the holding yard are trained to listen for noises as they drive over the uneven rock floor that shakes the vehicle intensely.

They also give random vehicles to NVH Engineers to test, (Noise,Vibration, Harshness)

The new 2020 production lines are much more exact and much more controlled by laser guided robots so tolerances should be much better the the Gen 5 builds.

Back