Mailsend's request for help - 5R55E | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mailsend's request for help - 5R55E

Glacier991

EF Tranny Guru
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA 95827
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Originally posted by Mailsend but in the wrong thread.... reposting it here for him.

hello there. I have an 5r55e trans 1999 ford ranger that has done great with 238.000 miles before any trouble. Well now in trouble. I have rebuilt the trans and put back in truck with bellhousing not inline with pump and so the vibration has taken out the pump. I have learn the hard way. I have found two other trans and one has the same part number on pump as the 5r55e and the bell housing starter bolts up different. I would like to use the pump and bellhousing from one of the other trans and fit in the 5r55e but the 5r55e has roller bearing on the pump and the other trans has not. and i no i will have to used the OD pack from other trans. I no I have trouble with the bellhousing because of starter bolt hole are different. I wount to use the bellhousing and pump and I have to used the OD drum with the pump. Will this work? the 5r55e trans has number on them the 5r55e has 97GT BAR and the other one has 97GT BRR. Thanks

Back