Main Air Intake Hose name?

chefduane

Texas Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Plano, TX.
Year, Model & Trim Level
None: SOLD 9/16
Anybody know the specific name or even PN of the big intake hose shown in the pic? It goes from just behind the MAF housing into the upper intake mani.
Got a tear in it doing some service today and need to get a new one tomorrow.

Thanks

Attachments

• Hose.jpg
    Hose.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 348

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hose - Air Inlet
97JZ-9P904-AG

My '98 XLT and my nephew's '01 have the exact same intake tube. Part number 1L5U-9R504 is the number listed for the '01. Hope this helps out.

Thanks guys for the quick response! Much appreciated.

well I did some checking around.. Looks like its a dealer only item. So its off to the local salvage yard tomorrow. Hope I don't have to bite the bullet and visit the dealer.

well I did some checking around.. Looks like its a dealer only item. So its off to the local salvage yard tomorrow. Hope I don't have to bite the bullet and visit the dealer.
Should be abundant at salvage yards. If not, many have replaced the OEM air box with open air intakes. (K&N, etc.)

Yeah a junkyard is the way to go for stuff like that since a dealer probably wants over $200 for it. Worst comes to worst you can get it new for about $150 on a few parts websites and throw some duct tape over the tear till it arrives.

If you can't get one in the salvage yard theres one on e-bay for $39.99.

Where did you see that on Ebay? The only ones I saw were for the 5.0. Mine is the 4L SOHC.

It sold at 2:09 your time this afternoon.
Found another though search e-bay item# 231119203006

It sold at 2:09 your time this afternoon.
Found another though search e-bay item# 231119203006

Thanks much! Ordered it. I really appreciate it. Truck ran fine today but I didn't make it to the salvage yard. This is exactly what I need. I think the Ex will be ok till Friday delivery.
Thanks again.

Thanks much! Ordered it. I really appreciate it. Truck ran fine today but I didn't make it to the salvage yard. This is exactly what I need. I think the Ex will be ok till Friday delivery.
Thanks again.
Your very welcome. Glad I could help. I felt bad you didn't get the first one and kicked myself in the a$$ for not PMing you last night. Felt kind of obligated to look around a little more after work. This one was even a couple bucks cheaper!

Too bad you did not need one a few weeks ago. I could have got you one for dirt cheap, maybe even free. I picked up an intake hose for my Paseo in a pick-a-part yard, and I think they charged me either $5, $2, $1, or free.

Just heard back from Carter Salvage in Allen. They want $30. Guess they need to be a little more aggressive about answering inquiries if they don't want to lose business.

Just heard back from Carter Salvage in Allen. They want $30. Guess they need to be a little more aggressive about answering inquiries if they don't want to lose business.

Heh, Carter is just up the road from me. I've tried to buy some stuff from him but he is either too expensive or doesn't want to sell disassembled components. I needed a rear hatch lock actuator and he wanted to sell me a whole rear hatch without the glass. Wrong color even. Frankly his operation is more like a guy with a few junk cars on his sitting property than it is a salvage operation.

Thanks for checking tho. I appreciate it.

Back