• Register Today It's free!

Maintenance after Lift and Tires?

Chargers21

Reaction score
City, State
Missoula, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
I see alot of talk about regearing your truck after upgrading tire size, im going from stock to 33x10.5s with a TT/Shackle and body lift. My question was is there any thing i need to do after the lift and tires to make sure no damage is done to my truck and that its running at full potential? anything from regearing to trimming. Thanks, Jack.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What gearing do you have right now? There will be an axle code on your door tag and you can post it here if you don't know.

Just get an alignment after the TT. I've been running my TT and shackles for 25k miles with no issues.

I would tell ya but the stickers pretty much completely faded, isn't there a "standard" stock gearing for 01 sport tracs?

If the door sticker is faded, there should be a metal tag on your rear differential that will show the axle code, and sometimes they show the gear ratio too.

Alignment is a must. One preventative thing you can do is reposition your front CV boots so that they are not so bundled up and rubbing against themselves. Over time this will cause them to wear through or rip especially if you maxed out your TT, The new increased angle and such. Just undo the insides of the boots (the small end of the cone) and slide them on the axle till they touch each other then tighten a new hose clamp on them. Another option is to always be spraying silicone on them every couple of months. but that's no fun

Back