• Register Today It's free!

Major oil leak.

threesam

Reaction score
City, State
sacramento california
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
i have a 94 xlt that was stolen when i got it back i parked it and the next morning when i came out there was a massive pool of oil underneath the engine . i put more oil in and it seems to leak more when i drove it but it is leaking very bad . there doesnt seem to be any oil in the top part of the engine i mean under the hood but underneath is covered with oil . i know nothing about cars . dont know where to start . please somebody if you are a professional is there some sort of process of elimination so i can rule out some possibilties . anything to point me in the right direction would help thank you

Without seeing it, you really need to get it up in the air, clean off the oil with some rags, etc., and start it up, go under the truck and see if you can find anything that way. Honestly, if it's leaking that bad and you're not a car person, I would take it in somewhere so they can put it on a lift and get a good view of it. If it was stolen, who knows what they did to it, they might have punctured the oil pan, bent something, or something else...

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 91-94 section. Check the oil filter. It might have a pin hole that only leaks after you start the engine (with oil pressure being applied to it).

Back