Major Problem with Navigation

Bill #5 Explorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Well, this weekend, I started the task of manually transferring the addresses from my Garmin Nuvi 680 into the Explorer's navigation system, and storing the locations in the "FAVORITES" category of the POI.

B I G problem!

The Explorer will only hold 50 "favorites"!!:thumbdwn:

I have over 200 that need to be entered. What do I do now? This sucks.:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's obvious, you have to buy 3 more Explorers. LOL

Start with the easy one (i.e. grocery store, work, etc.) and memorize how to get a to few places?
:salute:

This is my company car. I travel several states in the midwest, and cover Toronto. I like to have all of my customer's addresses programed into the navigation. I need more room than 50 spots.

I have yet to read up on the MFT, but can you save data to the HD? If so, can you save phone book entries and then pull the address of them with the Nav?

This is my company car. I travel several states in the midwest, and cover Toronto. I like to have all of my customer's addresses programed into the navigation. I need more room than 50 spots.

Even if you wanted to store 200 grocery stores, I would think the system should handle it.

The hardware specs are plenty...so it's a software limit. If I were you, I would send an email in requesting this with an update. I doubt you are alone.

I was going to dig up the email...but on syncmyride it is a web based contact form. Probably a good place to start.

EDIT-I don't have nav (hell, I don't have my explorer...). I wonder if the favorites are stored on the SD. Do you have an adapter you could put into a computer? Maybe it's close to full with maps. Maybe a backup to a larger SD would help? (sort of doubting it would be this easy or it wouldn't have such a nice round number like 50)

I have yet to read up on the MFT, but can you save data to the HD? If so, can you save phone book entries and then pull the address of them with the Nav?

Maybe, but that sounds way above my pay-grade!:)

Back