Major Problems w/ 2020 ST Sync 3.4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Major Problems w/ 2020 ST Sync 3.4

Bpreman

Reaction score
City, State
Concord, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
We just purchased a new 2020 Explorer ST with the upgraded tech package. We are having many glitchy problems with the system including:

ghosting on the backup camera of other screens such as seat adjustments, hvac...

extremely slow to calm screen when starting the car. Usually around 30-60 seconds before you can even turn the volume on/off.

XMRadio channel iD or change of channels takes about 3-4 mins to view or change channel once the car is started

It almost seems like the tablet they installed for the system is either faulty or just cheap.

Anyone else experiencing this. Vehicle is only 2k miles in. Will this be something I can address with A service Manager?

Thanks all!

We just purchased a new 2020 Explorer ST with the upgraded tech package. We are having many glitchy problems with the system including:

ghosting on the backup camera of other screens such as seat adjustments, hvac...

extremely slow to calm screen when starting the car. Usually around 30-60 seconds before you can even turn the volume on/off.

XMRadio channel iD or change of channels takes about 3-4 mins to view or change channel once the car is started

It almost seems like the tablet they installed for the system is either faulty or just cheap.

Anyone else experiencing this. Vehicle is only 2k miles in. Will this be something I can address with A service Manager?

Thanks all!

I'd run that in to get looked at for any potentially faulty hardware.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
As suggested above. Take it right back to the dealer and have check it out. Something is definitely wrong.

Peter

Back