Make Explorer undrivable | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Make Explorer undrivable

;-)

Originally posted by Steve94LTD
if shes like most chicks, it doesnt matter what warning light goes off, shes going to drive it until it leaves her stranded on the side of the road.
he he he

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by wpurple
OK, It's a long shot, my wife wants to take my Explorer (insert frown here) on a trip with her girlfriends and I made the mistake of saying yes, soooo my evil thinking is to cause an idiot light to lite and she will bail (snickering with evil)
Anyone have any suggestions of making this happen?

Thanks in advance

Awww...comon...let her have a little fun. The worst she could do is roll it, right?
<ducking>

so far the best thing i've heard is pulling the relay for the fule pump. a sure fire way to get nowhere fast.

Got a spare can of gas............

Pour a small puddle of gas under the truck before she leaves. Tell her you dont want her to drive it because it maybe leaking gas and you dont want her to blow up. Works better if she a smoker. If not pulling the fuel relay works.

Originally posted by rpenner54

Its a shame you alls women don't like driving your lifted vehicles. Maranda wants me to lift the four door someday too!

yeah but not everyone can be as lucky as us Ryan, I am putting the 5.5" on this weekend and I think Shandell is more excited than I am!@

Quoted from another thread;

"Tuesday afternoon my wife called to tell me that an 18-wheeler had backed into our Explorer on the driver's side. When I asked her how that had happened, she said the driver had tried to back into a parking space between the X and a Honda Civic while attempting to turn around after a delivery. The B-piller got gashed pretty good, the back door has a big dent and the glass in the back door and rear cargo area got blown out. All of this on the driver's side. On the passenger side, the trim between the glass and door now rub. We're still waiting for the trucking company's insurance adjuster to inspect the damage for an estimate. We've got a rental on their dime until the X gets repaired."

Enough said.....?

She wants to take my Explorer for Thanksgiving weekend to Kittery Maine to shop...I don't get the warm and fuzzy that my truck will come back w/o a scratch or two. Plus the fact that although my wife drives standard rather well, she does have a tendency to ride the clutch.

The replys were great, the FP relay does do the job but it would seem like sabatoge ??

-K

Originally posted by offroader_69_me

yeah but not everyone can be as lucky as us Ryan, I am putting the 5.5" on this weekend and I think Shandell is more excited than I am!@

Boy I guess!!! I think its great that they love our trucks! LOL Someday when I do get another daily driver I will have to build up the 4 door so Maranda stops trying to always drive. :D I don't know whats wrong with these other women! LOL Actually Maranda used to be really intimidated to drive. I talked her through everything and now she can do anything. :) I kept telling her to at least flop it or give it a scratch or two going up wheeler lake, but she would just not listen. :D Or I shouldn't say that, she would try but nothing would happen. :)

wpurple-
So the 18 wheeler hitting a parked explorer was the wifes fault? Damn.... I can see your marriage aint going to last long. :D I would think you would not want to have yourself drive the Ex based on that story seeing how it was a MAN that was driving the 18 wheeler that smashed up the Explorer. Plus its just a truck! Trucks get scratches whether you like it or not! LOL Man... people these days... If she isnt as comfy with a clutch as you think she should be help her learn! Don't take it away so she can't learn.

I know your trouble, my wife always wants to drive our X, but since I have had the engine light on she won't touch it. The light is on for a stupid reason but I'm not telling her the truck drives fine. If your wife is anything like mine seeing the CEL on should discourage her, if not the fuel relay sounds like a sure bet.

Then again rpenner54 maybe right you did marry her, and she probably see's it belonging to the both of you.

By the way my wife has a brand new 2001 Chevy Cavalier and she would prefer to drive the explorer.

Anyway Good luck.

Or just stuff a potatoe in the xhaust .

Potatoe in exhaust could do lil harm then good..LOL! I would just do the fuel pump cut off relay =-)

dont worry its a ford, probably wouldent start anyway.

Xactly !

It won't start , then when she leaves ! You pull it out and drive away . Might even have a baked potatoe for lunch , lol .

I don't mean to imply that it was his wife's fault, my point was that whenever my wife takes my vehicle, seems it comes back with another ding or scratch, I am VERY **** about the truck and she the kind of person that thinks that a vehicle is just a vehicle, just gets in and drives. I can see DD coffee stains on the rugs, paint chips on the doors.

I was thinking about parallelling a resistor against the temp sendor, when the gauge suppose to be normal, it will be full scale and them the stupied check gauge light will lite. Does anyone know the test resistances for the Explorer? FS and 1/2 scale?

You'd go to that much trouble just to not have to say "No"?

Originally posted by bigDerk
You'd go to that much trouble just to not have to say "No"?

LOL...

Maybe she is holding something from him too... We don't know the whole story here. :D

just pull a bunch of fuses

Pop the hood, get a 12-lb sledgehammer, and start beating on anything that looks important....

Well, I came designed and built a timer, which will open up the fuel pump relay after an adjustable length of 20 to 50 seconds. Seems like a real problem with the vehicle.

Back