• Register Today It's free!

Make it sound nice

Dave01234

Reaction score
City, State
Irwin (Near Pittsburgh) PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 X, 89 Bronco II
I have a 1989 Bronco II that I'm swapping a 4.0 into it. The engine has standard exhaust manifolds and cats. I'm looking for some suggestions on what kind of of muffler I can use to give it a nice sound. I know its never going to sound like a big block or a V8 but I thought maybe someone out there has done the same swap and tried a certain muffler with good results. I don't want it to sound like rice or a lawnmower just as deep as possible with a nice tone. Looking forward to your input. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmm, not sure how to answer that. If it were a gauge I guess I would want 3/4 deflecting.

It's your call, but I like the way Froader describes the sound of the Dynomax.

Froader, Do you have a V8 or the 4.0? If you have the V8 My sound will be different I have a 4.0 stock manifolds and cats.

i have a dynomax of some kind in my bII with the 2.9, it sounds pretty good for a wimpy 2.9, ill leave the same one in there with my 4.0, hopefully it sounds pretty darn good

i would way that flows are pretty damn loud in terms of volume, ancd they have a shaky rumble to them, and magnaflows are more quiet with not as much rattle to their rumble. its more of a cleaner sound. thats how i would describe them. the gibsons sound more like flows to me.

Back