making body lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

making body lift?

spare52

Reaction score
City, State
McMinnville
Year, Model & Trim Level
ok i have done some searching and im to cheap/poor to go buy a body lift when i can make one my self! and from what i have been reading people just do that hockey puck thing and me personally will not do that!!! so i wanted to know if anyone has made a good body lift or am i going to have to start and just wing it myself? lol i want to get about 2" of body lift.

any help?

Thanks, Spare

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know about bumper brackets and other stuff...guess you could look at a kit made for your truck and see what kind of pieces you need and then measure and make them yourself. As far as the lift blocks, I know you can get 2"-3" body lift blocks for a couple of dollars a piece off of ebay or amazon. I don't know how many body mounts there are on the 1st gens, but whatever that number is, order half as many of the below 3" blocks, then cut them in half so you have 1.5" blocks and then you'll have enough to do all of your body mounts.

http://www.amazon.com/Zone-Offroad-Bulk-Tall-Block/dp/B0021IAOQE

oh wow i never even thought about that!!! thanks a lot ill be ordering the 2" blocks of there soon. and i dont care to much about my bumper placement or anything so its all good

Thanks, Spare

we built a body lift for my buddy's f 250. all we did was use a old drive shaft, cut it into blocks, then wielded some large washers to it. for bolts, we used some of his old head bolts from his motor.

I made my own 1" BL out of some solid aluminum. It has been on there a while so its not as shiney as it once was. I was able to reuse a few of the bolts so I only had to buy about 4-6 longer ones.

Attachments

• Body lift1 (Small).JPG
    Body lift1 (Small).JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 261

cool thanks guys!

my first thought was going to just get some steel tubing and weld washers to the top and call it good but it seems much easier just to get the body bushings from amazon for 2.50 a pop lol

Thanks, Spare

Back