Making the limited a little more capable? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Making the limited a little more capable?

Shane.

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer limited
Apart from the occasional dirt parking lot and icy road our explorer has always been a tarmac road only vehicle. However recently due to getting more involved with a local animal rescue we’ve been heading out to averages, farms, more remote locations etc nothing crazy but definitely a little more than our road tyres want to handle (muddy tracks, rutted gravel roads etc)

I was thinking about making a few changes to help as I think it’s going to be getting more common just looking for suggestions and recommendations really:
-Was thinking of going for a 265/50r20 tyre I’ve ran BFGoodrich A/T before and the KO2s come in the right size and seem to have a good rep
-Want to maybe add a small LED light bar to the lower bumper for when were on tracks in the middle of nowhere at night
-I did look at lift kits but was a little concerned that maybe over doing it and how it might effect the ride
-And for the interior I have the factory trunk liner right now but want something that covers the sides/back of the seats (a lot of car sick puppies) but not sure if I should get a universal or try to find something fitted, i originally wanted a fitted kennel but silly money and a pain when you need to use the trunk

Back