Making your own light bar | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Making your own light bar

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haha... you're exactly like me..

I can tell you guys how it was done after I see him Sunday at the next run.

Well here are mine on my roof and have been for quite some time and are AWESOME when those little RICERS cut you off at nite....hehehehe
Picture020.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture018.jpg

where can i find those? and how hard are they to mount? are they designed for roof rack mounting?

Well here are mine on my roof and have been for quite some time and are AWESOME when those little RICERS cut you off at nite....hehehehe
Picture020.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture018.jpg

how do you have the wires running into the cab? did u drill a hole in the roof or run them through the door or what? Thanks

where can i find those? and how hard are they to mount? are they designed for roof rack mounting?

1. Not sure where you can find these anymore, I got them here in canada for $20 a pair.
2. They are actually very easy to mount, Drill your holes (1/2inch) and tighten ;) ;)
3. Not really designed persay, but they do got the brackets that have a little curve which made it easier to line them up with the curve of the roof bar. :D :D

how do you have the wires running into the cab? did u drill a hole in the roof or run them through the door or what? Thanks

I have the wires run with wire loom right along the roof bar and in through the driver door. Will get some pics later of the whole wire run ;) ;)

I have the wires run with wire loom right along the roof bar and in through the driver door. Will get some pics later of the whole wire run ;) ;)

Thanks that would be great to see how you did it.

to wire mine i drilled a hole barley large enough for 12ga wires then ran them through the interior to the relays and the switches. Then i ran the grounds down the back of the rack to the rear hatch where i grounded them.

just put this on this week, it does require drilling, but only 4 holes, not too bad. If I was able to do it anyone is... take a look at this link for more pics
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=209518 :thumbsup:
PICT0603.jpg

that looks great. That is similar to what i want for the front of mine.

so the autozone shackles dont seem to hurt the ride at all? i was going to get those as they are cheaper than the warrior and i wont do any major rock climbing or anything with my 2wd. :D how much did they cost? i have also heard that you need an alignment afterwards, is this true? thanks

the autozone shackles didn't make any real noticeable difference in the ride, just lifted it. I think I got them on close out for like 4.99 but they are usually like $15, not too bad. You don't need an alignment if you do just the shackles you need it if you do the torsion twist. If you have any other questions post on the other thread though, I don't want to highjack this one:D

ok thanks. but you can go ahead and hi jack this one because it is mine :D i give you permission. thanks for your help though.

Did you drill the holes out for the lights? and how did you run the wiring?
Thanks

Back