• Register Today It's free!

man im confused

Joshh

Reaction score
City, State
Princeton, wv
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer Sport
Ok like everyone else on this section i am wanting to lift my X. I have the 95 4x4 Sport. SO i ordered the right body kit, 3", that part was easy but now its jsut understanding all this other mess. I had some 35x12.50's givin to me so i really want to use those. I was going to order a ranger suspension lift because i thought the setups were similar, wrong, so i didnt order it. Now im not looking at paying close to 2grand for the suspension lift so that is out of the question. And i have absolutley no clue how to do the SAS, the SOA i comprehend but not the SAS. I tried to find a decent write up but nothing is put into dummy terms. NOW i want to raise this thing, and i want to done good. So i have the options of the TT, AAL, and the shackles. The TT is pretty self explainatory so i got that, the shackles yeah i understand those too but the aal on the other hand is ify. From what i read i have to get leafs from 4dr and swap them over or get the custom leafs from customsuspension. Now here comes the questions..
1. does the explorer sit level stock? i havent actually measured that yet but im assuming it does.
2. IF i do the tt in the front and get the full 2" then i will have to only do the shackles for about the same ride height, correct?
3. If the answer to question 2 is yes then why do people still put the aal's on? Only for sagging, which i do not have btw. if the answer to question 2 is no then i understand the reasoning for the aals but how many do i need to add on each side?
4. Where is a good write up on how to do the SAS. I have a junkyard 3 minutes from my house so its not a big deal to go get parts but i have no clue how to make this all work together. Im not mechanicly retarded, i build cars though not trucks.

Thank you for your time and if someone answers all the questions, and dosent tell me to search. I have been searcing for 3 days straigh, i will send them a cookie in the mail. LOL thanks again

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alright your last post was kinda confusing. Yopu have the 3inch bl installed? ...anyway here it goes. The skackels will give you say.....1.5 inches in the rear and then you can TT to that amount too. If you want the full 2 inches do the TT to the 2 inch mark(if you can) then use a 4-door pack with the aal or a F-150 spring. The aal are intended to get rid of butt sag or make your towing capacity higher. To get 35's to fit you need(this is for a 4-ddor i am asuming it is the same). A 3inch bl shackels TT aal or 4 doors if necessary. Then trim the fenders(a bunch...Jefe and a few others have fit 35's with 5 inches of lift. If you want more then that you can pay the 1.5 grand get the superlift that is a 4 inch suspension. Then either go SOA in the rear with a 4-door pack or a stiff pack, with shackels and a TT in the front that ius 6 inches of suspension lift. With a 3 inch Bl that will clear 35's because if 9 inches dosnt..goo luck.
Hope this helped. BTW there is no real "write up" on the SAS it is just observing the threads on what people do.

I have a ranger front kit on my Explorer. Trailmaster kit FB120

-Drew

thayts true on the observing part. Ive looked over so many pictures for the tt, shackles AAl's and from that i have understood how to do things. Its pretty easy when you look at how its done and go under your rig and see how it is. Thats how i learned with my blazer. just watchin and learnin then apply it.

i just wish i could weld.

if u throw some fiberglass fenders on it'll open up the wheel wells more and along with your 5" of lift u could cram some 35's under it. that or hack away at the fenders.

i jsut ordered the shackles and a leaf for each side. i guess ill just use this stuff till i can get a few dollars and buy the suspension lift, or figure out the rest of the sas i dont get lol...i was the front ranger suspension lift and it is almost as much as the whole suspension lift for the X. Also looked at the prerunners, but i dont think they flow as well as the stock fenders, i think they stick out too far. thanks guys...

TT for 2", install an AAL and shackles in the rear, install your 3" BL and trim a little off the back bottom corner of the front fenders and.....

IMG_0127.jpg

35's on a 2cnd gen Explorer

Back