Man Snaps at McDonalds... | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Man Snaps at McDonalds...

BeauJ

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
This McDonalds is not even a mile from my work, and I passed by when the cops were pulling him out of the car. Read down further, he was laughing while doing it..

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/9261270/detail.html

COVINGTON -- Police arrested a man they say ran over five people, including three toddlers, with a car in the parking lot of a McDonald's restaurant Tuesday.

Lanny Barnes, 46, is in custody at the Newton County Sheriff's Office and charges against him are pending, Covington Assistant Police Chief Almond Turner said.

"All indications are that he intentionally hit them," Turner said.

Eyewitness Regina Franklin says, "He started ramming the side of the building and he had a child underneath it. Underneath his car. And he was dragging it. He'd back up and he was laughing."

Three children ages two to four and two adults were injured when Barnes drove a green Honda Accord into the parking lot and struck them, police said. Authorities were notified at approximately 12:54 p.m.

The attack left, according to the co-pastor of Passion Community Church, the pastor's wife, Stephanie Casola, her two children, her sister and her sister's child severely injured.

The children were airlifted to a hospital in Atlanta and the adults were taken to Newton Medical Center in Covington.

Channel 2 has learned the 3 children are listed in critical condition, as well as one of the adults. Another adult is listed in stable condition.

Barnes has had mental difficulties, his mother, Mary, told The Associated Press.

"He's been suffering with depression for years," said Mary Barnes, her voice shaking after being told by a reporter what happened. "Lord have mercy."

The crash happened at a McDonald's in Covington, about 30 miles southeast of Atlanta. The McDonald's was closed for the rest of the day, said Bill Hall, area franchise manager.

"The police surrounded him and had guns pointed at him and he would not get out of that car. They had to drag him out of that car," says Franklin.

Barnes is being held at the Newton County Jail.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Redrig

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gettysburg,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
I cant believe its real. Thats horrible.

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
What a stupid son of a bitc*. Little kids? Gimme 10 minutes with that depraved mother f*cker.

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
BeauJ said:
3 children are listed in critical condition, as well as one of the adults.

:( that's sad

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
Let us know what happens to this *******.

Exploderpilot

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Nuevo, CA (where?)
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Titan SE
i really am getting tired of this country. poor kids.

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
That guy needs a Draino injection.

MyExpWork

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Camarillo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4-door 4X4 XLT
Paraphoe said:
What a stupid son of a bitc*. Little kids? Gimme 10 minutes with that depraved mother f*cker.

I'm right there with ya pal.

Vice Grips and a rope. I'd hang that mfer from his sack.

moose1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
coupville, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
well guess what, as ####ed up as it is this stupid country of ours will find him mentaly incapable to face charges he'll spend time in a mental institution and be back on the streets in 5 years

mosinman

Reaction score
City, State
Coppell, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
McDonalds

Moose1 is probably not too far off. The cretin used a car to inflict damage with, so he'll get a much, much lesser charge than if he had used a gun.

BeauJ

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Well, he two year old he ran over died, marking the first murder in Newton Co. in over 3 years. I drove by the McDonalds yesterday, and the doors are still beat up from where he tried to drive into the building. I hope he gets a life sentence..

bmxking5

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
BeauJ said:
I hope he gets a life sentence..
I hope he can come to my neighborhood...my neighbor has an AK47 that would take care of him just fine. Worthless POS :thumbdwn: