Manual Climate controls not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Manual Climate controls not working

Habslover70

Reaction score
City, State
ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer xlt
I have a 2016 Explorer XLT that we purchased in February with very low kms.

I have noticed recently aside from vehicle start up - the manual buttons will not work.
( everything works from the touch screen however).

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Welcome to the Forum, even though you're a Habslover. ;) :wave:
Has this problem existed since you bought it or is it a new issue? Do any other manual buttons work? Wondering if it could be a fuse or relay.

Peter
(Sens fan)

Hi Peter - a Sens fan. I feel for you.😊😅😉
I noticed it about a month ago and have been trying to figure it out.
It works when you start the vehicle but then after a minute or so - you can't change anything and need to resort to the climate touch screen. Now I did notice one of the buttons slightly pushed in - but wouldn't think that would cause such an issue?
I've tried googling problem but there doesn't seem to be a mention of that specific problem anywhere.
Patti

Hi Peter - a Sens fan. I feel for you.😊😅😉
I noticed it about a month ago and have been trying to figure it out.
It works when you start the vehicle but then after a minute or so - you can't change anything and need to resort to the climate touch screen. Now I did notice one of the buttons slightly pushed in - but wouldn't think that would cause such an issue?
I've tried googling problem but there doesn't seem to be a mention of that specific problem anywhere.
Patti
Is there any way you can release the pushed in button? That would be a good place to start so it can be eliminated as the issue. If everything works initially when you start up, it may not be the issue but with these things you never know.
Hope your guys take it to those guys from TO.

Peter

Back