manual control of the factory air suspension | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

manual control of the factory air suspension

ProjectAviator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SE, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT,
I am finding more and more goodies on my newly purchased 96 Limited. It still has the factory air suspension on it. Must have been replaced because it has over 150K on it. Anyone know how to get manual control over the air system. I know it isn't that great of an air system but it's there and still working.

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just leave it alone. dont mess with factory air, unless u want to drop it then put a real bag setup on it. imo. but other then that i wouldnt know how u would change it to manual.

you would have find the module and rewire everything to some switchs which is alot easier said than done.

You can "adjust" where the ride height sensors are, so I would assume that you could wire in another set of ride height limit switches, and have an in cab switch that changes which sensor it takes a reading from.

Any idea where these sensors are??? And how to adjust them.

thanks
Tim

I would assume they would be near the shocks, but I haven't actually ever seen one, or had any experiance with them. I know the sensors can be moved to change the ride height. There likely isn't just an adjuster screw, but the sensor would need moved with a different bracket or spacer. I would put the truck in low, and jump out, get under there and see how it works.

There's one on the rear axle. And one attached to each lower A-arm up front.

Back