Manual Hub Conversion | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Manual Hub Conversion

The_Commodore

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
I am having trouble with my auto locking hubs on my 91 Explorer. Everyone suggests converting them to manual, and that is what I plan to do, but the whole thing costs about $225 and I dont just want to spend that if I dont really know what to do. The conversion kit looks like four rings with teeth on the inside. Do I just slap these on the spindle or inside the hubs or do I have to take everything apart. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on how to do this? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JStrider

Reaction score
City, State
North Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
*RIP* 1993 XLT 4dr 4x4
none of the pics in that link seem to be working...

ma96782

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT, 4dr
I saw the site too......I guess the guys at the Ranger Station are having some computer problems????

Cause, the other day I also refered a thread (about heads). And, later I heard the same complaint. I tried and some kind of message appeared to get me to a NEW Ranger Station Forum....and that was a flop too.

Hopefully.....they'll fix it.....so, all of my saved threads from there, will still have the outstanding info and pics.......to help us here. Hey, we're all FORDs.

Aloha, Mark