• Register Today It's free!

manual hubs disassembly

hoss_hanna

Reaction score
City, State
ft. smith, ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4x4, 93 XL, 01 mountie
thought id seen a brake down some where on this site but cant find it now. anyone got pics and a brake down on manual hubs for the first gens? i had my bearings grenade on me and need to take the hub apart to get all the shavings out, previous owner had em packed with grease and i would like to get all that cleaned out also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also have the FSM so I can post the procedure and any diagrams you need.:D

that looks like what i needed, in all my years wrenchin i havent ever taken one apart just replaced em, but im low on funds right now so ill just clean up the ones i got. just one question, how do u get the plastic ring out without tearing it up? i got the keeper ring out but the plastic one just wants to bugger up....

never mind i just needed a bigger hammer lol got it apart and back together now. man that thing was gunked up! took a while n the parts washer to get it cleaned up, but now it has a nice light coat of grease just to keep rust away :) thanx for yalls help!

No problem glad I could help. Mine were pretty gunked up too. I should have taken some "before pictures".

i may take some pics when i take the passenger side off, if i can get my camera workin

Back