Manual Hubs.... what comes with them? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Manual Hubs.... what comes with them?

Curt

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
I have purchased my new spindle nuts for the switch from auto to manual hubs, but don't have the Warn Hubs yet. Can someone tell me what exactly comes with the Warn hubs? Do I completely discard the old auto hub assemblies, or do I need anything from them? When you by the hubs is it just putting them on like the auto hubs... slide them on and then put the tire on? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Curt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can chuck everything down to the nut on the bearings. Between the hubs and the nut kit, you will have everything you need. Or send the hubs to Kris Gilbeaux. He rebuilds the autohubs and re-sells them.

Yes its just like sliding the auto hubs on once you have completed the spindle nut conversion.

Manual Hubs

JDraper, what do you mean by the nut on the bearing? I thought the new spindle nuts replaced the bearing nut that comes with the auto hubs?

Eh, you're right..my bad...fingers type faster than the brain operates. I've done the switch on about 5 Explorers....You can chuck everything down to the bearings.

Back