• Register Today It's free!

Manual to dual climate control

msams89

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT, '07 XLT ironman
Is it possible to buy the dual climate control module from Ford and install it in the Explorer that came from the factory with manual controls? Is the wiring harness there?

This would be for an '07 Explorer.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nobody has taken their dash apart yet?

Thanks, but those pictures don't show the HVAC controls/wiring.

Its more than just the module. If its anything like a gen 2, you need many parts and pretty much the whole dash harness from one with it. Should've bought one with it if you wanted it.

Thanks, but those pictures don't show the HVAC controls/wiring.

Those are the instructions. It takes about 5 minutes to pull yours apart.

Automatic Climate Control

Ford has improved alot of things in time, including brain farts. I have the automatic climate control and personaly would offer my lower left anatomy to swap it for the good old faithful manual style. What is wrong with a truck that is a truck instead of a way for yuppie boys to feel like men? I also had had the automatic air ride control system in my explorer. If you tow or go off road you will blow it out in a day. I had that system pulled out and swaped back to the regular truck suspention within two months of owning it. If you have a problem with the old heat system, you can fix it for far less than a hundred bucks. My automatic climate control went bad and I can't touch it for less than a grand. The current value of the vehical in my area is less than three climate controles. I will be pushing snow with the bumper in -40 f weather this year while feeling toasty bypassing the junk climate control with a toggle switch from Wallmart for three bucks.

Back