Manual Transmission Conversion- Wiring on Master Cylinder?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Manual Transmission Conversion- Wiring on Master Cylinder??

Freshmeat

Reaction score
City, State
Denham Springs, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ranger STX SC
I didn't know there was a wiring harness attached to the clutch master cylinder assembly. Was that important? Should I have traced it down and taken it or can I do without it?

I took:

Transmission w/ shifter
Pedal Assembly
Floor Plate
ECM (from '91 Navajo, going in '92 Ex)
Master/Slave Cylinders
Engine Dust Plate
Wiring from transmission

Am I missing anything?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When i swapped dash boards (simply to change the color) i found those same wires on my master cylinder. the donor truck was an auto and mine a manual. in the auto the wires were just capped off. you should be able to find these wires up there somewhere and plug them into your new master cylinder and everything will be fine

Thanks for that tip, man. I'll see if I can find the plug in my factory harness.

Isnt that wire only to sense that you're on the clutch before you crank the starter?

There were several wires connected to it.

There should be 1 or 2 circuits on the clutch. 1 for the clutch/neutral safety and the other for cruise control interrupt (if equipped).

sounds about right, mine had 4 wires coming off of it, however the plug had about 6-7

Back