• Register Today It's free!

manual transmission mount

renegade1

Reaction score
City, State
Peachtree City Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer sport
hey guys, as all of us with the hydraulic clutch system - mine is hard to shift. well last week i realized my tranny mount was completely shot (way too much wiggle - stock mount - a 99 with 107,000 miles) so i replaced it yesterday. HUGE difference. she still is a tad rough getting in and out of gear sometimes but she seems to go into gear easier than before. also the shift stick doesnt shake like crazy when i step on the gas anymore! the truck also just feels more "secure" on the road if that makes sense... bumpy sections at 60mph+ arnt as bad now. :D

just throwing this out there for any of you guys with a manual transmission- napa sells the tranny mount for $20. probly one of the best spent $20 in a while :p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmm, maybe I should check mine.
What did your old mount look like? Was the rubber split apart?

Hmm, maybe I should check mine.
What did your old mount look like? Was the rubber split apart?

the rubber wasnt completely split, but it was sagging alot. i could push up on the transmission and move i up about an inch and a half by hand and when i took it off the old mount had alot of play when compared to the new one.

Whoa, I always assumed that because mine wasn't splitting, that it was good. It never occurred to me that it would have any bearing on hard shifting.
Guess I'll change it. Thanks!

[MENTION=137965]renegade1[/MENTION] do you remember where you got your new manual transmission mount? A new member is having trouble locating one.

Back