Manual Window Regulator Broken, Window Down, Raining! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Manual Window Regulator Broken, Window Down, Raining!

Spdrcer34

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
In the process of removing the locking mech. from the rear doors (shaving the doors) I broke the cable housing that the window cable goes into.

I need to fix this ASAP as I can't get the window up, and it's starting to rain.

I know I can replace the regulator, no problem. But I need a new regulator assembly. Are these avail from Ford still? Manual Window X's are hard to find to get parts from. This is my `92 XL.

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spdrcer34

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
anyone?

Ryan

Brock94

Reaction score
City, State
Milford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
If the cable is disconnected, can't you just push the window up and jam something in to keep it up?

nascar_intimid

Reaction score
City, State
st.catharines,ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 eddie ..'02 limited
use plastic for now to keep interior dry..say a plastic garbage bag or something

Spdrcer34

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
I can't get the window to budge. I have tried everything. I have given up trying.

I just need to know if anyone has a Ford Part Number for the roll-up mechanism, if it's available, or where can I get one?

Ryan