• Register Today It's free!

Manually close moonroof

cpoure25

Reaction score
City, State
Queen Creek AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Limite
Trying to manually close the moonroof and shut it fully. Motor are shot and removed. Just want to make it water tight. I cannot figure out, now that I have the front window fully forward, how to get the rear portion to raise up. I have the headliner down to just past the B pillar. Thanks for any help!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
As far as I know, no one has done this before so I have no idea what is involved since it was controlled electronically before. Why not just replace the motor? Several members have done that as a DIY job.

Peter

Trying to manually close the moonroof and shut it fully. Motor are shot and removed. Just want to make it water tight. I cannot figure out, now that I have the front window fully forward, how to get the rear portion to raise up. I have the headliner down to just past the B pillar. Thanks for any help!
I learned from a fellow on FB that you can use a allen key to close the roof. You should see a keyway in the motor ( while the old motor is in place) housing where the gear is located. Please post back if this works.

^ correct and yes, motor must be installed as it's where the keyway is

Back