Map update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Map update

Mikey*TX

Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ST Star White
So how often does Telenav push out updates? Based on the roads I drive, the current version is several years old. It has me driving through several stock ponds where in fact the road is paved. It is also showing as paved roads in my county ones that are actually unpaved field roads. :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's an annual thing for SYNC 3. The newer maps should be available tomorrow per the website.

What version do you have now?

What web site ?

Just tried this. Doesn't say anything new. My only option was to buy the USB of what I downloaded before, which was NA 1 18.

I saw on the F150 forums that the update is for NA 1 19, which I now have since upgrading to SYNC 3.4.

Yes, it seems like it's now posting 19Q1 on the map update site.

Yes, it seems like it's now posting 19Q1 on the map update site.
Is there a different site for Canadian vehicles? I tried the link and it said my ESN was invalid even though it was correct.

Peter

Is there a different site for Canadian vehicles? I tried the link and it said my ESN was invalid even though it was correct.

Peter

Not that I am aware of. I've heard of that error happening and the person had to call the number to get it processed. I forget what the reason behind it was though. I tested both of my VINs and it went through OK.

Thank you.

Peter

Make sure you are using the SYNC Serial Number (ESN) and not the Onboard Modem Serial Number (ESN).

At first I did the onboard and got an error, then realized my mistake and did the SYNC ESN and it worked.

Make sure you are using the SYNC Serial Number (ESN) and not the Onboard Modem Serial Number (ESN).

At first I did the onboard and got an error, then realized my mistake and did the SYNC ESN and it worked.
Thanks. I initially retrieved the ESN from my SiriusXM account and it matched the one on the Sync 3 screen. According to my account I'm up to date with V3.4 and I believe it was build 19200 that showed on my screen if I recall correctly.

Peter

Just tried this. Doesn't say anything new. My only option was to buy the USB of what I downloaded before, which was NA 1 18.

I just downloaded the update and installed it via USB. It includes updates to:

Gracenote
NAV Voice Controls
Voice Destination Entry

Map is now NA 19. Took little over an hour to install with no issues.

Can you list the files names?

I just downloaded the update and installed it via USB. It includes updates to:

Gracenote
NAV Voice Controls
Voice Destination Entry

Map is now NA 19. Took little over an hour to install with no issues.

Yep. There's some new nav voice functionality when the 19Q1 map is paired up with the latest 20136 build as well, for those that use it.

So how often does Telenav push out updates? Based on the roads I drive, the current version is several years old. It has me driving through several stock ponds where in fact the road is paved. It is also showing as paved roads in my county ones that are actually unpaved field roads. :rolleyes:
Just updated mine to a update that came out yesterday Lincoln - Sync3 Map Update

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yep I made that mistake too

Back