Map Update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Map Update

N3DD

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Just received a Ford Pass message saying there is a Map Update available. I downloaded it from the website. I currently have NA 2 20 installed. Is this a more recent one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think so. This came from the Syncnavigation.com map website. Here are the files downloaded:
1632168733465.png

:dunno:

Just received a Ford Pass message saying there is a Map Update available. I downloaded it from the website. I currently have NA 2 20 installed. Is this a more recent one?

I don't think so. This came from the Syncnavigation.com map website. Here are the files downloaded:
View attachment 342679
If you check the dates on those files they are all over 18 months old. I downloaded those back on Sept 1st. Contacted Ford and they told me the newest map was NA 119 and I'm on NA 220 So I never did any thing with them.

If you check the dates on those files they are all over 18 months. I downloaded those back on Sept 1st. Contacted Ford and they told me the newest map was NA 119 and I'm on NA 220 So I never did any thing with them.
Dale

All the files are dated 12/10/20. I'm on NA 2 20 also but that was an OTA so I can't check to see if it's the same.

Dom

I got a "new map available" Ford Pass email just today. I already have NA 2 20. I'm just assuming I got the notice because I turned off automatic updates in the car and maybe it no longer knows what I have installed.

I honestly never use the stock navigation system and instead use Waze in Carplay. I just update it just in case I end up somewhere that doesn't have cell service.

Dale

All the files are dated 12/10/20. I'm on NA 2 20 also but that was an OTA so I can't check to see if it's the same.

Dom
You might try contacting Ford but I think it's outdated and not new. I was working with a person a couple hours ago on a different site that just downloaded and tried to install it. He got an error message after that. He's in the process of doing the OTA right now to get to NA 220

I got my Sync3 map notification on my FordPass app. When I entered my VIN I received a message that I have one complimentary update available only if I download it (15gb and one and a half hours) or they'll send me the update for $40.

I got my Sync3 map notification on my FordPass app. When I entered my VIN I received a message that I have one complimentary update available only if I download it (15gb and one and a half hours) or they'll send me the update for $40.
If you have map version NA 220 you are up to date. If not download it OTA.

This is from the FORD map update site.

The current Map version is NA 2 20.

I downloaded these exact same files in July 2020 when I upgraded to NA 119. This is nuts. We got NA 220 OTA when the 21020 debacle happened.

View attachment 342679
With the exception of the last two files, all of the files listed were in the NA 220 OTA update that happened around the same time as the 21020 Sync update. I simply don't know if the last two files were included. Maybe UofMEngineer can shed some light on this.

You might try contacting Ford but I think it's outdated and not new. I was working with a person a couple hours ago on a different site that just downloaded and tried to install it. He got an error message after that. He's in the process of doing the OTA right now to get to NA 220
I contacted Ford and they confirmed that this is NA 2 20. The person I talked to had no idea that it was pushed by OTA months ago.

I contacted Ford and they confirmed that this is NA 2 20. The person I talked to had no idea that it was pushed by OTA months ago.
Thanks for checking. It would be nice if they didn't tell you that an update is available that you already have.

Sounds like the Ford map really isn't to current then. But at least it works.

I got the email notice and figured it was an attempt to get you to purchase a subscription. The way it was listed as a membership or one time buy thing.

How many people just bought it thinking oh I need that. I'm a new owner and Vehicle came with 3 years of navigation.

I got the email notice and figured it was an attempt to get you to purchase a subscription. The way it was listed as a membership or one time buy thing.

How many people just bought it thinking oh I need that. I'm a new owner and Vehicle came with 3 years of navigation.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Received notice on Ford App that map update was available. I downloaded on my spare PC and copied the files to the flash drive. Installed the update today, it took over a hour to install from the flash drive. Navigation now showing version 220 was at 19.0
TBill

I believe that most of us received the map update for NA 220 along with the update to 21020. Then there was another smaller one later on.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back