Mark98's 1998 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mark98's 1998 Explorer Sport

Just thought I would post some picks of my ride. Everything is stock (except for headlights, Flowmaster, and tint)
4.10 gearing
~100,000 miles
4.0 SOHC
Towing package
Tinted windows
Flowmaster Exhaust
K&N drop in air filter
Full synthetic motor oil

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Poor ricers. They never expect that red blur that shook them would be an explorer. Lots of them in my area.

Headlights

that is one nice lookin sport very mint mint conditon

ur welcome

wow! that is a clean ex. Did you use anything special to get that kind of shine.

-Marc

Good looking truck! I'll definitely keep an eye out for you around town. :t:

wow! that is a clean ex. Did you use anything special to get that kind of shine.

-Marc

Just wash it at least once a week and using meguire's car wash and "wax as you dry" when I dry it. Actually, to be honest, the hood needs a good buffing before winter. :(

Little bit of an update since the last pictures:
Got a new set of tires (General Grabbers AT2) along with a Hidden Hitch(ah how sweet and hidden:D) with a D hook. :thumbsup:

Pictures will be soon!:p:

Nice looking explorer you have there, Very clean also.... Mines never clean.

I love the look of the 2nd gens so much that I'm trying to purchase one at the moment so I can have a sport as well.

But you never know how old family friends are who own junk yards. "It has a salvage title, bad transmission, and is rear ended." I said, "You know as well as anyone my father owns a body shop and since you own a junk yard I'm sure you would be happy to sale me a transmission for it and the parts I need to fix it." :D

Well, needed a 4 door(children) soooo...... Explorer was sold for $3,500. Replaced it with a 2003 Jeep Liberty with 50,000 miles with a 5 speed! :D

Although I will miss ole red :(

Just realized I never posted a picture of the replacement ride. It grew up a little since I bought it. :D

Looks great! Haven't seen you around town though.

Looks great! Haven't seen you around town though.

Still around! Suprising though because I now stick out like a sore thumb. We joke and call it the "Liberty HD" :D

The Liberty looks cool.

You like red vehicles, don't you?

Haha, believe it or not, my wife and I both swore we weren't getting another red vehicle. I wanted black, silver, or graphite gray. But this was a steal of a price (since no one can drive a manual anymore) and so I ended up with another red vehicle..... :scratch:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back