Mass air flow sensor w/ custom intake?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mass air flow sensor w/ custom intake??

Reaction score
City, State
Burlington Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
my friend hooked me up with a custom intake pipe and i bought a REZTON stainless steel cone filter for my 96 explorer (4.0 SOHC) and i was wondering what i should do or what i need to do with the mass airflow sensor. i cant disconnect it because then my engine wouldnt run right but i dont know how to incorporate it in with my new intake so i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

let it be

Get exhaust then get a tune , the you should be good

Get one of the adapters from ebay. They usually come with the filter, but they are still cheap.

Dan

So yor friend made you a pipe without taking the MAF into consideration? You may need a new pipe, and definately an adapter from ebay.

alright so i took a closer look at my MAF and saw that i can mount inline with the pipe and the filter... for some reason i was thinking that the whole MAF was that big bulky plastic thing. I'll definately get an adapter and put this thing together soon, thanks for the input!

Back