Mass airflow sensor housing hack?

F14CRAZY

To the flo...
Reaction score
City, State
Dimondale, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 GT, '93 Limited
Howdy. A photo on the internet shows a stock mass air flow sensor beside a Pro M mass air flow sensor with the aluminum housing. Yes, the Pro M has a lot bigger hole for air to pass through. Are there any electronic differences? I ask that because I got thinking and couldn't I just Dremel out the extra aluminum inside the housing? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah the sensor is programed to add the amount of fuel that passes thourgh. Bassicaly if you widen it up it will think its still the stock size and add fuel accordinly. In reality your just leaning out your motor.

Thanks Boomin. That makes sense. I get a high thinking about Dremel-ing stuff! It's so fun cuz it means DESTRUCTION!

do what i did...

Drill a 3/16 hole in your intake tube, tap it and put all nozzel in there for a zex kit and you should notice a differance ;)

I have one of those Pro-M MAS, and I like it very much.

boominXplorer said:
do what i did...

Drill a 3/16 hole in your intake tube, tap it and put all nozzel in there for a zex kit and you should notice a differance ;)

Ain't no drilling here. Its gotta be Dremel-ed :thumbsup:

I have heard good things about the Pro M mass air flow sensor, but I was trying to save some cash with this idea.

Back