• Register Today It's free!

Massive thank you to Howard

eskimo

Reaction score
City, State
Worcestershire
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 4.0ltr V6 Explorer (
A huge thankyou goes out to Howard for his help this weekend. Just a couple of weeks before christmas and he took the time on Sunday to fit the OOM 12 kit to my Ex. Especially as I've been trying to organise this for about the last 6 months!!!

I turned up about 10:30 and was welcomed with a cup of coffee and a nice long chat about Ex's and issues and ways to fix them (Howard knew the solution to just about everything I asked - except how to keep my windscreen smear free, long story for another post!)

Once the Ex had cooled down Howard was under the bonnet and stripping the engine down and with in a couple of hours the job was done and the Ex was rattling no more - Yay!!! :thumbsup::D:D:D:D

So once again a HUGE thankyou to Howard for his time and in case I can't post before, I hope he and his daughter have a great christmas.

Carl

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm always glad to hear stuff like this, howard stepping up and lending a few hours to fix a members Explorer

Way to go! :thumbsup:

way to go howard! next time i'm in merry ol' england, I'll buy you a pint!

Howard is a really decent bloke, I have had the pleasure of meeting him when a few of us got together for a uk meet way back when I had my first EX. We had a wild drive round a crazy off road place, all our cars survived and coped really well, Howard even used his to pull a landy out of the water! I would love to get together again with as many of you guys as possible in the new year.........It would be real nice for the posters here to have a face and to check out our cars and maybe spin some tales of owning Explorers in the uk over a pint or two.
Wishing you all a great Christmas and looking forward to a time when we can meet.
H

I'll second a group get together.. there's a place in Leigh, Lancashire, where you can go offroading..

Merry Christmas to you all

Si

Back