Matt Adam's new rig needs a name! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Matt Adam's new rig needs a name!

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
lol sorry 2001, its tough to tell sarcasm over the net :).
Dogman, while those were some good suggestions, none of em quite struck me though... LOL Thanks for the suggestion though :). After I re-read the explanation for "reno" i'm likin it a bit more... we'll see though :)

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

4Wheelin

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Smithtown, Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport 4x4
Damnnn Matt, you don't waste any time lol... It's starting out to be a contest of who can fit the most possible light on their truck lol.

<

GRNMACHINE

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport 4x4
i like RENO too. but with those extra lites u want to put on u could call it BLUE-AURA BOREALIS. or the PIAA-nator. or for personalized license plates: GOT LITES...
anyway Matt, your truck looks great! the duals look tuff and straight too.
Rick

<

Flounder

Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
Matt,

If LAX's landing lights ever went out, you'd be the first one they would contact. Jeeze. What's next? One of those sky-spotlights in the bed? :) All in all, I love that truck. It looks great.

Oh yes, have you thought about clearance lights? I recently saw a new (to me, atleast) type where instead of 5 teardrop lights, it is one, maybe two foot in width orange-amber light bar, no more than 2 inches high. It looked a lot better than I expected one would

<

ilikedellcomputers

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, AB, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Jetta GLX VR6
Originally posted by mattadams
Originally posted by Teri (Perry's Teri)
What about YOU????
Didn't say if she liked you. Watch out she's just after your toys Matt!!!

Lol, well she seems to like me as well :). ALthough she does get kinda turned on by my GPS... LOL [/B]

Hey Matt, what kind of GPS do you have, I was thinking of purchasing the StreetPilot Color from Garmin, do you know if that's any good?! Do you like yours, do you find it useful?!

Regards,

Peter

ilikedellcomputers

<

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Originally posted by ilikedellcomputers
Originally posted by mattadams
Originally posted by Teri (Perry's Teri)
What about YOU????
Didn't say if she liked you. Watch out she's just after your toys Matt!!!

Lol, well she seems to like me as well :). ALthough she does get kinda turned on by my GPS... LOL

Hey Matt, what kind of GPS do you have, I was thinking of purchasing the StreetPilot Color from Garmin, do you know if that's any good?! Do you like yours, do you find it useful?!

Regards,

Peter

ilikedellcomputers [/B]

I have the Garmin GPS III Plus. I love it. It's saved me tons of time, it was well worth the money.

<

<

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
it does have a stereo systme but Im kinda prude with it, LOL. I turned the bass all the way down at the amplifier, so it wouldn't boom too much :). Someone else emailed me a few cool ones I thought I'd post... someone who knew MUCH MORE about mythology then me.
Apollo - god of the sun
Helios - another god of the sun
Belenus - Celtic god of light, name means "shining one"
Mithras - Roman Lord of Light
and of course Zeus - the ruler of Olympus, who held lightning bolts in his hand :).

<

4Wheelin

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Smithtown, Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport 4x4
I like Apollo for right now but if you lift it than I would go with Zeus becuase it will huge and have a lot of light.

<

RU MAN

Reaction score
City, State
Radford/Franklin, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
87 BII XLT
Matt, what about nitelight? i think it fits.

<

CHH777

Once...
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Mazda Navajo LX 4x4
Too funny...

Hey Matt,

Check out the article entitled "10 Best Modifications" on page 54 of the March 2001 Petersen's Off Road. In the "Lights" sections it reads:

"...You can go too far. There is no need to mount 10 lights on the front of your rig. You are not Las Vegas and you don't need people in outer space seeing you."

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. It's as if they were speaking of
you personally (especially the Las Vegas reference). I think you should send them a (night) picture of "Vegas" all lit up.

Congrats on the new truck...

<

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
yeah, someone else mentioned that article to me... funny how things work out :). Right now I'm leaning towards Reno or Apollo, both sound kinda cool. It'd be cool to say "yep, my truck is the greek god of light" LOL

<

FlyAU

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 GLI, 2013 Escape
Hmm..."Apollo" sounds cool, but the image that comes to mind when I hear "Apollo" is Det. John Shaft. Dead Link Removed Whom you are not--that would insinuate that you were smooth with the ladies...and had shag carpet... Dead Link Removed (You know I'm kidding with ya, right?)

I love being in focus groups...when do I get my free stuff?? (I'm not kidding about this part...Dead Link Removed)

<

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
>Digs this thread out of the pile since she found it while doing a search for *lights*, what a suprise ;) <

So? What did you name it, Matt?

<

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Wow this was from a long time ago! It got named after its license plate, which will soon by WAY2BRT.

<