• Register Today It's free!

Matte or Glossy black hood decal?

Majin

Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Want to add a black decal "patch" to the scoop area of my '14 Ruby Sport. I've seen a few members have done so, and I like the look. Just wondering what would look best....Matte Black or a Glossy Black

THX

I am biased to matte - the matte lettering looks great on my Tuxedo Black and I get many compliments.

You do need to be mindful that you must carefully navigate around the matte with sealant or wax as it will make it blotchy. I just use the Zaino Gloss Enhancer over the matte letters and outline and it has been perfect.

Food for thought. Good luck.

Want to add a black decal "patch" to the scoop area of my '14 Ruby Sport. I've seen a few members have done so, and I like the look. Just wondering what would look best....Matte Black or a Glossy Black

THX

Ive thought about a shimmering white carbon fiber dragon decal - or black carbon fiber. Shimmering white would be my first choice because i prefer the subtle enhancements

Gonna give the gloss a try first. Just too much black gloss around the area to go with matte (sun roof, grille, door frame, mirrors). I'll take pics when I cut it out and install.

Back