Matthew LaLonde's 2001 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Matthew LaLonde's 2001 Explorer Sport

Patton

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
Best Way to put on a PushBar

So anyways I was looking in the featured explorers section of the site for my model explorer, the 2001 sport. I found Matthews and I was instantly hooked. I love everything about that damn thing.
What I am particularly interested in doing in the near future is his pushbar setup. I never really liked the look of that grey plastic front bumper but I never saw any way of ridding myself of it. Matthew did it perfectly with the pushbar in my opinion. But my questions are first, what type of pushbar is that and second, how much modification would it take, and lastly, should I just leave it up to my local off-road shop to install it like Matthew did? I know jack about cars compared to you guys and even less about metal modification.
Here's a link to a pic of Matthew's pushbar setup.
Matthew LaLonde's page

vayne

Reaction score
City, State
chicago, il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
I have the same push bar as his on my '01 sport. It's a Westin safari bar, available from summit, jc whitney, jegs, etc. etc. As far as installation goes, I've got a 3" body lift and no front bumper, so i had to modify the brackets (cut, shorten, and drill new holes) to make it look right. If your explorer is stock, you could probably use the brackets that come with the kit and it would still look alright.