MattStarr's 97 XLT!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MattStarr's 97 XLT!!!

I have had my X for almost 2 years, I got it stock and it was staying stock until I found this site and my money just started going into it!!

Stock
1997 XLT SOHC 4.0 4x4
3.73 LS
Running Boards
Sunroof
6 disc CD changer
Dual power seats
overhead console
auto-dimming mirror
roof rack

Mods
Manik one-piece brushguard
Manik tail light guards
Hella 500 offroad lights
Torsion Twist.. 1.5 inches
Warrior Shackles 153
31x10.5R15 BFGoodrich All Terrain TA's KO
Bosch Platinim +4 Spark Plugs
K&N Filter
Alpine door speakers 5x7's sps-570A
XM satelitte radio custom mounted
Tinted windows 17%
Cobra Radar detector
Ventvisors
Bugdeflector
Custom Mounted Maglite in cargo area
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660 CD Player
Pioneer 10 inch subwoofer
ESA 100 Watt amp

Currently have 112K miles on it and its dealer maintained.

AIM name: SurferVaBeach

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• elite1.JPG
    elite1.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 10,126
  • elite2.JPG
    elite2.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 2,412
  • elite3.JPG
    elite3.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,501

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks very nice, Matt! Very clean, very nicely done. Good job! :thumbsup:

Looks nice. Future plans for it?

Matt the X looks awsome...... keep up the good work.

4X4 X

Bashman said:
Looks nice. Future plans for it?

Not really man, its pretty much where I want it right now. I got keep it a daily driver so i can drive back and forth to school... 400 miles...I need to try to keep MPG relatively good!! Ive done everything I want to. Maybe when I graduate in 2 years, i can lift it more and put 33 on it and turn it into a trail rig.... B/c when I grad., i want to get an expedition, lift it, and put 35's on it!!

Thanks for the compliments guys!!

Matt NIIICE1!!!! I got the same car, but mine is essentially stock, your additions look great. I just wanted to ask you about your tires. I put the same BFGoodrich A/Ts on my truck and it makes my alignment feel wack. I've had them for about 12,000 miles and they've been rotated and re-balanced 3 times and the alignment done 3 times and it still pulls pretty hard. The tire guy says that happens a lot with A/T tires. It just doesn't sound right to me. Just wanted to find out if u were having any similar problems or if the guy is BSing me.
BTW aside from the pulling these tires are great, the go through anything and they also give the truck a good luck

Ford4Me said:
Matt NIIICE1!!!! I got the same car, but mine is essentially stock, your additions look great. I just wanted to ask you about your tires. I put the same BFGoodrich A/Ts on my truck and it makes my alignment feel wack. I've had them for about 12,000 miles and they've been rotated and re-balanced 3 times and the alignment done 3 times and it still pulls pretty hard. The tire guy says that happens a lot with A/T tires. It just doesn't sound right to me. Just wanted to find out if u were having any similar problems or if the guy is BSing me.
BTW aside from the pulling these tires are great, the go through anything and they also give the truck a good luck

You have to make sure when you get an alignment, they adjust the camber. Aftermarket "adjusters" have to be installed to fix the toe angle. I have had no problems with mine. Good Luck!!

Looks great Matt, wish I had the money to get some of that stuff you've got :) Time to lose those running boards though!

jayhawkexplorer said:
Looks great Matt, wish I had the money to get some of that stuff you've got :) Time to lose those running boards though!

I dont want holes in my rocker panels :) They would make it look higher i bet:)

Looks great Matt :D

Your truck makes me nostalgic Matt! My first X was a white 97 with blue interior. In fact yours is the only other one I’ve seen with that interior. Beautiful truck man!

dmasini said:
Your truck makes me nostalgic Matt! My first X was a white 97 with blue interior. In fact yours is the only other one I’ve seen with that interior. Beautiful truck man!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Your truck is very clean as well! :chug:

Pics of new Headunit and Sub....

Attachments

• 100_0984.JPG
    100_0984.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,926
  • 100_0992.JPG
    100_0992.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,919
  • 100_0993.JPG
    100_0993.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,876