Max tire size for 16 inch rims | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Max tire size for 16 inch rims

Rim size doesnt matter. You can put any size tire on any size rim. Look at the sticky and see what tire size will fit your year. Rim size doesnt matter.

The "sticky" thread will be close to accurate for you. Just remember that your wheels are only 16x7, so you will be limited by the width of tire you can use.

Originally posted by Premier
Rim size doesnt matter. You can put any size tire on any size rim. Look at the sticky and see what tire size will fit your year. Rim size doesnt matter.

Not exactly true. He could fit any 16" tire on any 16" rim maybe but not necessarily any tire on any rim. and like Robb said you only have a 7" wide rim so you probably shouldnt go too too wide. a 10.5" wide tire is the largest i would go. but you can probably go 12.5 without too much trouble as long as you dont jump your truck or anything like that. I would tell you the equivalent to those widths for metric size but i dont recall offhand what they are. i think that there is a site with the list of them somewhere around here. Someone else might know.

Back