May be time to get rid of the old girl | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

May be time to get rid of the old girl

RyansX

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
Hey guys, lately alot of things have been going wrong with Dora and im just getting tired of dropping money into her and hours of work that i need to be studying. Im thinking about getting a 98 body style Dodge 1500 4x4 or a 2002 Dodge cummins 4x4. My dad said that if i sold Dora then he'd put 5,000 towards a new truck. Do you guys think i should do that? I just need something reliable right now, not a project truck

Me, I'm thinking that 5K put into Dora would make Dora very nice indeed. And without a monthly payment. "But that's just me, and I could be wrong".

Hey guys, lately alot of things have been going wrong with Dora and im just getting tired of dropping money into her and hours of work that i need to be studying. Im thinking about getting a 98 body style Dodge 1500 4x4 or a 2002 Dodge cummins 4x4. My dad said that if i sold Dora then he'd put 5,000 towards a new truck. Do you guys think i should do that? I just need something reliable right now, not a project truck
I am going to get rid of my 96 Ex ASAP, though that might be a few months. It is starting to live up to its Fix Or Repair Daily name. It is comfortable, drives well, gets good gas mileage though it has dropped from around 20 to around 18, but has become unreliable, as in what is going to happen next. Transfer case needs rebuilt, no front drive, heads seeping coolant, throws code for slow to respond 02 sensor.. If I had a chance to get a Dodge, I personally would jump on it. But just not the diesel in this day of high fuel prices,unless you are going to be towing with it a bunch. Besides, diesels are EXPENSIVE to work on when something goes bad in the engine.

I am going to get rid of my 96 Ex ASAP, though that might be a few months. It is starting to live up to its Fix Or Repair Daily name. It is comfortable, drives well, gets good gas mileage though it has dropped from around 20 to around 18, but has become unreliable, as in what is going to happen next. Transfer case needs rebuilt, no front drive, heads seeping coolant, throws code for slow to respond 02 sensor.. If I had a chance to get a Dodge, I personally would jump on it. But just not the diesel in this day of high fuel prices,unless you are going to be towing with it a bunch. Besides, diesels are EXPENSIVE to work on when something goes bad in the engine.

Thats the same here, mines starting to get unreliable (battery draining, needing new cv joins, u joints, etc..) and i found this
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/3479895836.html
The guy said he would do a straight across trade because he wants a 2wd thats a project car for his son and him, perfect. And i really love that body style!

Back