Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
York, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer
The theme for the May EF Lottery is "In Memoriam"

This is the time to show that those we have lost are not forgotten. The theme includes, but not limited to, showing in memory of lost ones that have made an impact in our lives. This can be personal, memorials to those who are no longer with us, war memorials, first responder memorials, law enforcement officers memorials,etc.
Last year in May's lottery, several memorials were posted which I, for one, was not aware even existed.

The ending and drawing date will be May 21st.

Goal: To encourage members of the Explorer Forum to submit a photo and/or vid in accordance with the theme and award one member with an one year elite membership.

Only one submission to be entered into the drawing per member. Submission can contain multiable pics and or video(s) and/or links to pics/vids. Members are encouraged to post positive feedback about other submissions. Please keep in mind that this not a chat thread.

Special instructions, if any, will be posted at the beginning of each month's theme.

Lottery detailed information.
https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438717

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rh04tj.jpg

RIP Kurt. A life taken way too soon, but his death was the spark to really push for helmet safety advancement specifically in motorsports.

I'm not quite sure the purpose of this, I visit ExplorerForum Infrequently. However, I saw Rick's post on Facebook and immeadiatly thought of two members who are no longer with us. In particular order Chris Mercer and John Johnstone.

Chris was one of the first people I never met off of EF. I remember driving though Hazleton, Pa back in 2002 looking for his home. I was going to an EF run at Paragon AP and I was staying at his place. I remember driving down the main street of Hazleton and seeing this huge Explorer with 35" tires and stripes. We stopped and I was like "Hey man! Are you Lizardtrac?" He responded, "Yeah! follow me." Next thing I know I'm at his house meeting a bunch of people I didn't know. He was an interesting guy and you never quite knew what he was going to say or do next. However he spent much of his time helping others and was never afraid to get him Explorer into uncomfortable and damaging situations.

John Johnstone, I don't think he and Chris ever met but if they did, world watch out. If I remember correctly the first time I met John what at SVO's house late, late at night. Having been an avid member of the forum at the time we quickly hit it off. Drank a few beers and then proceeded to call random moderators at a most inappropriate time. I only ever hung out with John a handful of times but he always made you feel like he knew you for years. The last time I wheeled with him a bunch of us went to the Lost Highway in Texas. We found a bunch of hard hats on the beach an then wore then while wheeling.

Both these gentleman were frankly nuts but a pleasure to get to know! I drink a beer to you Chris and John.

6542107-0773_img.jpg

Chris attempting to keep my front end down some where in the NJ Pines.

71859306503_0_ALB.jpg
Some where in Paragon

Picture_0262.jpg

John on the lost highway.

Picture_0153.jpg

I'm going with our olé salt Al Frankin, board name [MENTION=4214]aldive[/MENTION]. I'm not sure a lot of newer members know of him, but he had a 1999 4 door that got 30mpg with his witchcraft voodoo science. :D

His truck thread with all of his craziness. :)

His most famous thread was the HHO generator thread.

Attachments

• aldive_rig.jpg
    aldive_rig.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 310
  • aldive_hho.jpg
    aldive_hho.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 298

This forum has lost some great people.

Dr. Jack Lobdell was one of the forum's founding members. 17 years ago Jack and I met in Moab for a fantastic weekend of fourwheeling. I'll be thinking of him next week when I return.

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    jack.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 291
  • jackoncliff.jpg
    jackoncliff.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 268

One week to drawing.

I never knew of Kurt Caselli till now. Then by searching, I learned of his motor cross racing and his untimely death.

I knew Chris only thru FB and the forum. Never got the chance to meet him in person.
John Rock, I did get to meet him in person a couple of times, and dang was he a nut. Became friends instantly.

Aldive is another member who I only knew of thu the forum, I never had any contact with him, but I do remember him being described as "strongly opinionated".

Jack was before my time in the forum, wish I could of meet him. And now I have his rig. [MENTION=71]Rick[/MENTION], every once in a while, I recall the story of Jack and the flat tire while y'all were at Top of the World, and I crack a smile.

Great submissions for remembrances. :chug:

Congrats Colin!! Your submission won the May EF lottery!! :dpchug:

I'm going with our olé salt Al Frankin, board name [MENTION=4214]aldive[/MENTION]. I'm not sure a lot of newer members know of him, but he had a 1999 4 door that got 30mpg with his witchcraft voodoo science. :D

His truck thread with all of his craziness. :)

His most famous thread was the HHO generator thread.

Congratulations Colin. I just added a year to your Elite membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back