maybe seized motor? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

maybe seized motor?

Bhelton26

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
History:
07 sport trac 4.0 overheated and blow head gasket. I had the truck towed and dropped in the street at my house. I drove the truck and parked it. I started the head gasket job and seen that the timing chain guides where gone so I stated preparing to pull the motor in November 2021. Got busy with work and holidays and just back back on project today. I'm trying to get the torque converter nuts off but I cant turn the crack now. Could the motor have seized setting just 2 months? Will I be able to spin the fly wheel with a screw driver if it did seize? any ideas?

Crank should be turned clockwise via crank pulley with approx 1meter long ratchet wrench

History:
07 sport trac 4.0 overheated and blow head gasket. I had the truck towed and dropped in the street at my house. I drove the truck and parked it. I started the head gasket job and seen that the timing chain guides where gone so I stated preparing to pull the motor in November 2021. Got busy with work and holidays and just back back on project today. I'm trying to get the torque converter nuts off but I cant turn the crack now. Could the motor have seized setting just 2 months? Will I be able to spin the fly wheel with a screw driver if it did seize? any ideas?
Update: engine out with torque converter still attached. Now trying to figure out how to get bolts off the torque converter.

F48B8631-D2EC-4ED0-93A4-0A3CABFCB023.jpeg C5FC5CA6-47B7-4888-93AD-93F14854AB14.jpeg

two person job: hold motor on crank pulley bolt (as previously mentioned with socket and big bar/ratchet), undo torque convertor bolts. Then rotate motor with that big wrench to get access to all the bolts.

Back