• Register Today It's free!

Maybe you guys will know....

SeanM

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT 4.0L OHV 4WD 4dr
I have 3" blocks here (I'm lowering, not lifting, hence I hesitated to post here, but not getting much of a response in the seriously lowered suspension tech) and I NEED U-BOLTS!!! Preferably 13" or so with threads that will fit my shock plate (1995 XLT 4wd OHV 4.0L).....Help me out....Trailmaster makes the right length, but the threads are too big and I would have to drill out my shock plates which I'm told can be one HELLUVA pain in the arse.......HELP!! :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you called the local auto parts store? One of them in your area is bound to have what you need.

Went to PepBoys...no dice....Went to Trick Trucks....no dice.....Went to a place called Mid-Atlantic 4x4 and Speed......no dice.......

Will the u-bolts fit on nicely, or do they require some hammering to get them all the way on???

from what i've heard, the u-bolts that come with universal lowering blocks will fit. but, you'll need to use some force and maybe even a couple of friends to help line everything up. there is a discussion about this somewhere on this board....perhaps in the epic "gusto" thread started by Godfather.

when i got my alignment, i was talking to the guy at the shop about going lower. when i mentioned the u-bolt issue, he said that he knew of a place here in Indiana that he could order custom sized u-bolts from.

if you decide you don't want to make the u-bolts you have work, i may be able to help you out.

Drill the sob....

Just drill it out =) cant be any worse then putting the drop brackets on a '93 when lifting it, at worst if you need help drilling them get ahold of me and bring yer rig over here, I'll be happy to help drill it out :)

If having difficulties drilling the holes, take em to a machine shop and have them drill it out for you.

Good luck.....

hey we did 2 inch blocks on mine and my dad made a "special modification" to a c-clamp. he welded small angle iron on the pads and 4 of us used that and BIG hammers to make it fit. by the way arent u worried about ball joints in the front dropping it that far?

Not really....I've just had mine replaced about 6-8 months ago for the first time in the truck's history and I'm pretty sure they'll hold up fine for quite a while as I have yet to hear anything to the opposite.

Anybody got any input on this one??? I know there were a few threads that briefly touched on this topic, but none that seem conclusive.....

Back