Mayweather vs. McGregor. Your Thoughts? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Mayweather vs. McGregor. Your Thoughts?

Centaurus5.0

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96'
A man you can't hit vs a man you can't hurt?

If McGregor connects one good shot, Mayweather is done. If not, Mayweather will undoubtedly win the scorecard after the 12th.

Looks like Connor got into Floyd's head a bit at last nights promo. I have a feeling Connor will be chasing Floyd around the ring most of the fight, that's if he doesn't get KO'd. Absolutely no way Mayweather can knock out McGregor, he doesn't have the power.

McGregor feels he has already won just getting the fight, because the amount of money he'll get (win or lose) will launch his business adventures which sets him up for life (promotion biz, fashion line).

Mayweather on the other hand, being the greatest boxer of all time, has everything thing to lose, ei... not money (well maybe, IRS is on his case), but a perfect record and the ego that goes with it. If he loses, he'll feel it for the rest of his life.

But then, at the end of the day, it's all about the money. I can see Connor and Dana White betting the farm against themselves and becoming even richer and don't think either would lose sleep over it. Mayweather goes 50-0 and gets crowned greatest ever, Dana gets his palms even greasier, Connor sets himself up for life, and the people get the thrill they paid for. WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN. That's show-business.

Your thoughts?

Centaurus5.0

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96'
Yup. That was a show.

Mayweather was in control the whole time...

Anime

EF YEAH!!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 EX Sport Concept
A has-been boxer who beats his wife vs. a guy with the MMA gimmick limited to boxing moves.

It was a big yawn for me. I'd rather have seen Mayweather go to prison and McGregor do something more meaningful, like train bullied kids in self-defense.

Watching two human beings beat the crap out of each other isn't entertaining, it's disgusting. Made all the more worse that they're only doing it for money and that everyone involved will get lots of it to keep this kind of stuff going.