Mazda3 or Mazda6

DonM

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Ocean View, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
Im looking for a new car. Soon to marry and have kids.

I really like these cars but I cant choose. Advice or opinions would be much help.

The truck just aint big enough to be a family car and holding a baby sit, blah blah blah.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your Explorer is bigger than those 2 you're choosing from.

No, I dont own an Explorer any more. I own a Tundra.

I see... Mazda6 is a much bigger car but cost over $4,000 more than the Mazda3. I think Mazda6 is bigger than Mazda3 but you do get the option of getting the 3.0L 220hp V6 with Mazda6. Mazda3 only has the 2.3L 160 hp I4. You are going to need all that power to move that vehicle with all your family and groceries inside. :)

Here is the Mazda6. I saw one on the road today. Its a lot smaller than it looks on the picture below so I could just imagine how small the Mazda3 is.

c445933a.jpg

Hey thanks. Ive test drove both cars and loved both.

The v6 is mighty tempting, however there is a price difference. I like the Mazda6 more of course, but... which has the better motor? Not speaking in terms of HP.

I like the Mazda6. It is a very nice car. I am planing on buying the 5 door (hatch back) which will be coming out later this year... The hatch back allows one or more Rear seats to fold done and use the back to move some fairly large stuff... (my $0.02)

I think both are great little cars, stylish and lots of features for the money. My daughter in law to be is getting ready to buy a Mazda 3.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Later tonight im gonna test drive both cars again. Im swaying more toward the Mazda6 and the v6. :D But who knows.

The Mazda3 looks like it has more cargo space with the folding rear seats though?

I test drove both cars again. Still having trouble deciding. :(

Anyone know of a Mazda board or Mazda 3 or 6 specific message boards? Im basicly looking for a good place like the Exploreforum only for those cars.

Thanks

Mazda 6. The 3 is for single guys.

I'd say you have two things to consider. How well will your kids fit into the 3? And depending on your budget, would you rather have a loaded 3 with Xenons, navigation, etc, or a base model 6 for the same price? I'd go with the 3 as long as the kids will fit into it alright.

also if its a safety factor i would go for the 6 because of the size

Yeah right now the 6 seems more logical for us right now for various reasons.

Thing is, im considering trading in the Tundra for a 4door Tacoma now. I cant make up my mind. :(

Thing is, im considering trading in the Tundra for a 4door Tacoma now. I cant make up my mind.

If your gonna trade in your Tundra for a Tacoma WAIT! Until the '05's come out. There redisigning the Tacoma next year and the truck is going to get bigger and go to a mid-size based I belive.

As far as car? I say 6! I love that car and thought of buying one myself once.;) Zoom....Zoom!

Back