me? in a hit and run? hmm.. | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

me? in a hit and run? hmm..

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
well.. i got a letter from the county police here today saying that my tag was reported in a hit and run accident in a town close to here (about 15 miles from me). well i haven't talked to the officer who called the house because he keeps calling the house and not using my work # that i keep leaving on his voicemail. guess i know what he was calling about now.
anyway... i wasn't near the location of the accident the day reported.. or since like september for that matter.. so i'm hoping this is easy to get rid of. i'm guessing if its some kind of insurance scam or something.. they didn't report the explorer (if they even reported a vehicle type) as being lifted with big tires and one on the roof along with a bike rack on the back and completely covered in mud (this was the day after returning from the trip we made on the 8th and 9th of Feb.).

well.. just wanted to vent. anyone ever been falsely reported or anything like this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
well, try and find out about it... becuase if you are being accused of hit and run... then there is a person pursuing the claim.... and htey are the ones that have to basically prove that you did it... or they have to testify in court that you hit them or whatever.... talk to the cop.... things can be taken care of right away....
i was in an accident without insurance, but i had a policy # from a company... anyway, i rear ended some guy and did very minimal damage... he was a black guy and flagged down a cop and said he needed an ambulance... i was tired and in my security uniform... and the cops actually talked to me like a person and not a kid.... i oulled the cop aside and asked what was the eta on the ambulance.. and he rolled his eyes and said he cancelled it.... he knew the guy was faking it just as much as i did...... well, luckily, i got a letter from the ins co almost a year later, and it said that i wasnt covered with them at that time becuse i had furnished them insufficeint paperwork with them..... i never heard anything about that after that letter... and the police report never showed up on my record..... seems like it just disapeeared.........

99 xplorer-XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt
well this isnt exactly the same thing, but i got falsely accused.....about a week ago an F150 hit me and completely admitted fault to the accident (and it was completely his fault) but now he pulled this false witness on me and theres nothing i can do. the insurance company looks at it as 2 to 1, so i get screwed over....and since i reported the accident the day it happened i cant pull i false witness (not that i would because im an honest person). the "witness" claims that he saw me going 90+ mph down the road, which is total bu!!$h!t. this lowlife SOB completely turned the case around on me and now my insurance is going to go sky high and it shouldnt. i really dont know what to do. i dont see how some people can live with themselves to falsely accuse a 16year old kid for something i didnt do. what is the world coming to

driver of that F150 :shoot:

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
dont worry... a higher being will take care of those people that screw people over.......

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
99 xplorer-XLT.. I wouldn't put up with that sheeeot. Take them to court. See how easily they lie while in front of a judge!

-Section525 :D

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
yeah i'm hoping its just a little mistake and will go away. i'll update on it after i talk to the cop.

sorry to hear about that 99xlt.. hope you can get it worked out!

justin146

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Oxford, MS-- home of the Ole Miss Rebels
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT Sport 5.0 Turbo
Yeah, do that, and when it ia all over with, kick his @$$.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Jason.. just be glad you didn't really do it! :D It'd be a lot harder to dismiss that way! You should have no problem clearing your name, right? I'd gather all the receipts and anything else that proves where you were that day.

99 xplorer-XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt
thanks guys, i already talked to my insurance agent, who happens to be friends with my mother (thank God) and he is going to make sure that my insurance rates wont go up too much, but hes gonna still make it look like it was my fault just to avoid the hassle. he told me that this will be better so that i wont have to bother going to court and paying court fees, etc. I really hope that the whole carma thing is true (whatever you do comes back to haunt you later in life) because this lowlife will have all kinds of bad $h!t comin his way later in life. i mean honestly, could you guys live with yourselves after pulling this kind of crap....im glad my parents brought me up teaching me good morals:)

Ken Cooke

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Rubicon - Tomb Raider
The bumper of my wife's Toyota Corolla came into contact with another ricer late one night after leaving a nightclub. THe owners ran to their car, because they thought I damaged the piece of $hit, but there was no damage.

99 xplorer-XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt
Originally posted by justin146
Yeah, do that, and when it ia all over with, kick his @$$.

i wasnt sure if this was directed towards me or jason, but whatever....i wouldnt do that, i save up all my anger for the football season (after all, who has heard of a nice 290 lb lineman) :D

PS-i finally figured out how to do quotes :D :D :D :D :D

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
The bumper of my wife's Toyota Corolla came into contact with another ricer late one night after leaving a nightclub. THe owners ran to their car, because they thought I damaged the piece of $hit, but there was no damage.

:D You done with that story, Ken?

Rob_B

Reaction score
City, State
Waterloo, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 F-150
something similar to that happened to my dad last Dec. He had just sold our old conversion van, but since it was the holiday season he was busy and didn't get around to telling the DMV to take it off our record. My dad had taken the plates off and they were in his truck. Bout a week and a half later we get a letter in the mail that said we had illegally parked our van wand wanted money for the fines. That motivated my dad to stop by the DMV, luckily he had the receipt from selling the van, and he still had the plates sitting in his truck. They fixed it right away.

Not really too interesting, but if you can provide any sort of evidence stating that you weren't there at the time, it shouldn't be too big of a deal to realize it's a mistake.

Ken Cooke

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Rubicon - Tomb Raider
I was just pissed that the owners of the other Corolla thought I damaged their bumper, or caved in their coke-can of a car. Two coke-can cars can't cause too much damage on one another...I Have Spoken!!!

-Ken

hrbib21

Reaction score
City, State
Myrtle Beach, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Limited 5.0
Originally posted by jasonb
well.. i got a letter from the county police here today saying that my tag was reported in a hit and run accident in a town close to here (about 15 miles from me). well i haven't talked to the officer who called the house because he keeps calling the house and not using my work # that i keep leaving on his voicemail. guess i know what he was calling about now.
anyway... i wasn't near the location of the accident the day reported.. or since like september for that matter.. so i'm hoping this is easy to get rid of. i'm guessing if its some kind of insurance scam or something.. they didn't report the explorer (if they even reported a vehicle type) as being lifted with big tires and one on the roof along with a bike rack on the back and completely covered in mud (this was the day after returning from the trip we made on the 8th and 9th of Feb.).

well.. just wanted to vent. anyone ever been falsely reported or anything like this?
I would think this would be easy to prove. All the cops would need to do is look at your vehicle and look at their vehicle. If their vehicle has no damage, solved immediately. If their vehicle has damage, they could compare it to your vehicle and, obviously, if you didn't do it you wouldn't have any damage. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

GaSouthern1

Elite LS2 -
Reaction score
City, State
Duluth, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 GTO
Just think Jason, if I had gone with you on Sunday, we may have both gotten framed.

brokenman

Reaction score
City, State
Mesa, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 F-150, '93 Explorer
Sitting at a stop light on my way to school[late], the guy behind me is pushed into me by the woman behind him. She had kids in the car, was speeding through a school AND a construction zone. The cops show up, first thing the cop says is "how'd you hit 'em?"
Bull friggin' crap is what that is. Just because I'm the young one, it's my fault. No way, then her insurance tried to place blame on the other guy when you could see the damage done to him and her white paint all over his tailgate. unbeleivable.

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
Jasonb,

Be careful you may be charged with a felony. Sometimes overzealous prosecuters don't really care about guilt. If the charge is not being dropped imediately you need to speak to an attorney. You may need to sue, or threaten to sue in a civil court. Be proactive don't let someone else look out for you.

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
Re: Re: me? in a hit and run? hmm..

Originally posted by hrbib21
I would think this would be easy to prove. All the cops would need to do is look at your vehicle and look at their vehicle. If their vehicle has no damage, solved immediately. If their vehicle has damage, they could compare it to your vehicle and, obviously, if you didn't do it you wouldn't have any damage. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

yeah.. well the damage thing -could- be a problem too seeing that my bumpers aren't exactly new looking thanks to banging them on rocks and trees on the trails.
i'm not really worried yet because i just happen to have a picture of my truck from the day they say it happened and its a dated picture. the truck is so covered with mud that its hard to tell the color in the pic.. hope that helps me out!
and unclemeat.. geez i hope it doens't come to that! it has crossed my mind though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

99 xplorer-XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt
Originally posted by brokenman
Just because I'm the young one, it's my fault. .

i think this is exactly the guy who hit me thought, obviously you can blame any accident on the "innexperienced driver". it really does piss me off .it sounds like you had the same thing happen....get into an accident that was in no way your fault and have it turned around to look like it was your fault. you know what im going through now:rolleyes: