• Register Today It's free!

Measurments of WAR 153's

scottswierenga

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha, Nebraska
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4dr.
I need someone to make up some specs of the 153 shackles. I want to submit them to a local welder and see what it might cost him to make some verses buying them new. I am also wondering...what if I extended their length by an inch or so?, would it translate to an increase in vehicle height or just assist in flattening out the leafsprings? Lemme know what you think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They will probably cost more to have them built then it would to just buy them from Warrior. Any normal fabrication shop will charge $55-$65 an hour. So unless this is something you can do yourself, or have a hook-up somewhere, it wouldn't be worth it.

Plus, I always like supporting companies who support the Explorer aftermarket. :cool:

But here are some measurements so my post isn't 100% useless. :D

Attachments

• warrior.jpg
    warrior.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,518

i made my own using those measurements and it lifted the rear about two inches. it cost me about 11 dollars for the metal.

I might try that..what is the diameter of the bolt holes?

if i remember right i used 1/2 inch.

It's probably 9/16". I just tried to make some... and used 1/2" holes. The stock bolts would not go through. So the project is on hold until I go buy a larger bit. :mad:

Now is the rule that for every 1" of bolt space will equil 1/2" lift on the rear????I am thinking of the F-150 spacers and homemade rear shackle's.Now if you do the F-150 spacers, what am I going to need to make the front wheels not look like a Grader running down the street??? \----/ to this |----|

caster/camber adjusters and an alignment

I also made mine. Very strong ;)

12287shaq.jpg

Does anyone know what size caster/camber shims off hand??

On that last pic Stic-O , did you have to disconnect the rear sway bar or did you do that for 4x4'n ???? I do alot of freeway driving and I don't want to loose the swaybar.

I made some quick disconects and only took it off 4x4. But I ended up just taking it off. It took a little time to get use to it off on the road, but after awhile I never really missed it. But they worked fine with the sway bar on

thanks for the measurements, I just want to walk into the shop armed with the info I need for them to give me an estimate. Then I'll decide which is cheaper/more convenient and go with that option. Thanks again. :D

skoobydoobiedew said:
I bought the *autozone* $12 adjustable shackles and welded in a 1" o.d. steel tube crossmember on each one. I can go from stock height, to 1" lift, to 2" lift in about 5-10 minutes. : )

is it necessary to weld in a cross piece, and if so where did you put it cuz i have same ones from autozone.

no......you can use a bolt the welded cross piece just adds some rigitity(sp?)

SkanlaxJMO said:
no......you can use a bolt the welded cross piece just adds some rigitity(sp?)

Yep. I thought it looked better, too. I welded my crossmember up far enough that I could still use the lowest lift hole setting if I ever wanted to.

that hole is actually the same as the stock one.....well i think it is like 1/8th longer.

Yep it's pretty close to stock. I left it so I could still get to it because I might do a SOA in the future and may not want the extra lift. I would still keep the shackles though cause they are mucho better than the rusty stock ones I took off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

were you able to use the stock bushings or did u have to replace them?

Back