Meet my neighbor.... | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Meet my neighbor....

-=DaemoN=-

Reaction score
City, State
The Netherlands
Year, Model & Trim Level
Rigless!
MR. T

I saw the little guy on my way in my apt complex. I parked and ran to where I last saw him but he was too quick and it's dark out. Then, 15 mins later my neighbor tells us there's a spider by our side door. He's scared of them.:D

I'M GONNA EAT YOU!!!
2199P10100031.jpg

2199P1010004.jpg

2199P1010005.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
OMG... Thats sick... KILL IT!!!

draft

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Mounty Sport
I ran over a few trantulas back when we used to camp our brains out a few years ago, they uh, expell alot of yucky stuff, that's for sure. :p

-=DaemoN=-

Reaction score
City, State
The Netherlands
Year, Model & Trim Level
Rigless!
Premier said:
... KILL IT!!!

That's what my neighbor said. He also found one yesterday, his dog killed it.

I let him go across the street. If it was some poisonous spider, I would've killed it right there.

Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
Oh the inhumaity of it all! The hair! YUCK.

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
-=DaemoN=- said:
That's what my neighbor said.

Yea, that what you fear or dont understand must die :D

DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
I try not to kill things like this since they are only in the area to eat other crap (insects, small rodents, ricers) that bother me more...

MyExpWork

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Camarillo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4-door 4X4 XLT
I hate spiders.

Audio_1

Reaction score
City, State
Toledo, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
when i find snakes and things of that nature i dont kill em like many other people do. i will usulay take them to a diffrent safer location for them. they were here before us and are just trying to survive

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Audio_1 said:
when i find snakes and things of that nature i dont kill em like many other people do. i will usulay take them to a diffrent safer location for them. they were here before us and are just trying to survive

At least were all not ignorant.

I do the same thing. I even save black widows.

That looks to be a type of Mexican Orange haired tarantulla. Thier bite is like a bee sting. If they can even bite you, there fangs dont open/extend very far so they can only bite you on like your ear lobe or the skin between your fingers.

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
Are you calling me ignorant because I kill spiders?

Audio_1

Reaction score
City, State
Toledo, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
fight! :nono:

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
i always thought that tarantula's fangs or whatever they are on spiders weren't big enough to really bite a human and inject anything. i think i saw that on the discovery channel or something one time.

DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
Most small spider fangs won't harm you, but the tarantula and other such large spiders pack a punch...

Envenomation: There are no recorded deaths or serious envenomation reactions attributable to tarantula bites by Arizona species. In spite of this, it should be noted that all tarantulas possess powerful chelicerae and formidable fangs capable of producing painful physical wounds. It is a major consolation that these largest of our spiders are gentle giants, having temperaments not at all consistent with their intimidating appearance. Tarantulas do not bite unless they are severely provoked.

All Arizona (and Mexican) tarantulas are presumed to have barbed urticating hairs. The nature of the venom contained in the hairs is poorly understood, but contact of the hairs with human skin causes pruritis (intense itching) and urticarial lesions (sores). Airborne hairs, if inhaled, can cause acute respiratory symptoms, and contact with the mucous membrance of the eyes, nose, or mouth may result in acute inflammation and considerable discomfort to the victim.

Treatment: A tarantula bite should be encouraged to bleed freely, then washed with hot water and soap and treated with an antiseptic. Hot water relieves the pain and encourages bleeding from the punctures. Any severe local or systemic reaction should be attended to by a physician. As with other puncture wounds, it would be prudent to obtain a tetanus antitoxin shot if the victim has not recently been immunized against the tetanus toxin.

Urticating hairs can be removed from skin with cellophane or masking tape. Wash the area of the lesion with soap and water and apply an antiseptic ointment in a petrolatum base. For urticating hairs in the eyes, flush with water and consult a physicain. Do not rub the eyes. If hairs are inhaled, consult a physician.

Precautions and Control: The obvious precaution is to avoid handling tarantulas. If one should wander into a home, the spider can be swept up in a dust pan, emptied into a full size grocery bag and released outside the house.

Tarantulas make good pets, and they can be handled

jimcom

Elite Stocker
Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
.....reason Number Seven Hundred Twenty Four Why I Will Never Go To Arizona.......

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
DeRocha said:
....insert novel above here...

well there ya go! thanks for clearing that up for me.

glfredrick

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
86-98 Ranger STX
There are some spiders that are better off eliminated (that means squashed in a fit of rage and fear). We have the Brown Recluse here in Kentucky that not only can, but does do serious harm to humanity. Their bite never really heals, and it can kill. It opens a spot that looks like leporosy or something, and worse, those spiders hide in closets and dark places where you least expect them.

The big hairy ones on the other hand are fun... I love the way they rear up and sort of hiss (if they made noise) at you. We played with them a lot while on a Mexico mission trip.

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
LOL.... if you want to hear about REALLY scared of a tarantula, did you know they can jump several feet? I saw one in Mexico jump right up in front of a friend's face and he did a 40yd dash in Olympic time :D I've also seen one in the El Paso area jump up right before a Greyhound bus hit it and it splattered on the windshield. Do you realize how high up a Greyhound bus windshield is?

taxx

Make em say Ugh
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
73 EB
-=DaemoN=- said:
That's what my neighbor said. He also found one yesterday, his dog killed it.

I let him go across the street. If it was some poisonous spider, I would've killed it right there.

All spiders are poisonous. Just depends the degree and if they can affect you or not. ;)

Thats a pretty one. Spiders are good they eat bugs. I could use a few thousand more spiders and bats in my yard to kill off all these damned skeeters!

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Premier said:
Are you calling me ignorant because I kill spiders?

Just giving you crap. But if you didn't have spiders imagine how many bugs and insects you would have around and in your house. I still don't know why some one would kill something just cause thier scared????