Meizer electric water pump!?!? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Meizer electric water pump!?!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had seen that but was more about the 4.6 setup ..thanks though..

For the 4.6 it should be exactly the same as the Mustang kit. Same motor.

Found this interesting, just got off the phone with Meziere, they have no plans to build an E-pump for the V6s.
In talking with the tech guy, look on the site for remote pumps, he said the rockcrawler guys gut the OEM pump, IE remove the impeller, connect a remote pump, simple water in water out.
This to me sounds like a great idea for offroaders that want constant flow regardless of RPM.
Not sure it would be of any beni to streeters tho

I have the Meziere WP347 water pump on my 03 4.6 X to free up a few more ponies and also so I can run the 8.5" crank pulley. The Meziere electric pumps made for the Modular motor Mustangs will work. The part number most in here will likely need will be WP346 instead of WP347, which has a smaller idler pulley.

Rob, so those pumps do have an idler pulley on them? Al wants one for his SOHC I know, and the other engines could use them also. Are those suitable for normal street use, the first electric pumps were really race only?

Rob, so those pumps do have an idler pulley on them? Al wants one for his SOHC I know, and the other engines could use them also. Are those suitable for normal street use, the first electric pumps were really race only?

Al has an SOHC 4.0 V6. What I am talking about and what was pictured in the links above were Meziere water pumps for the 4.6 SOHC V8. I have no idea concerning fitment of those pumps to anything else besides the 4.6's. And yes, those pumps do have idlers on them. There is another pump from Meziere for the 4.6's that does not have an idler pulley on it but that is on another section of the Meziere site. Yes, I would recommend those pumps for street use.

I've been running a Meziere pump on the street for over a year now with no problems (on my Mach, not my Explorer). I'm quite happy with how it works. Car stays cooler in traffic and it's nice to be able to leave the pump circulation on after you park the car to help cool the motor.

and it's nice to be able to leave the pump circulation on after you park the car to help cool the motor.

Yeah, between the electric water pump and electric fan with the flip of a switch things will cool off real quick.

It might drain the battery if the fan, and electric pump continue to run while the engine is turned off.

Only if you leave it on for a couple of hours or have a bad battery....Running it for 15 minutes or so after the engine is shut down is usually more than sufficient and doesn't kill the battery. I've had no problems so far and I've got both in my Mach (electric fan is stock).

A couple ???'s Does that extra battery drain necessitate a higher capacity alternator? Is there a timer that can be wired in to the switch so that it shuts off after say, 15 minutes?

My Mach has performed flawlessly on the stock electrical system. The pumps draw about 11-12 amps while running, so unless you're already maxed out on the system, you should be ok.

Yes, 12VDC timer relays are available. Here's one: http://www.newark.com/jsp/Electrome...OUZET/88886016/displayProduct.jsp?sku=17M8555

I'm sure there are plenty others out there somewhere...

I've got mine wired into the ignition/accessory circuit, so I can just leave my car on the accessory setting until I'm ready to turn it off.

The water pumps don't draw so much power that any extra concern is needed. Electric fans need special care to add into the system(progressive controller).

+ 1 on the e-water pump. I just wired mine in and I love it. I got the same one as KBX AKA: Rocket 5979/Rob. He turned me on to this setup (thanks Rob). Also going with the 8.5'' dampener, sitting in my garage.

I wired it "on" with accessories. Also have a secondary electric fan that I wired a relay (thanks CDW6212R) to with a flip switch. Also wired two blinking little red lights, one at the e-pumps harness fuse, the other for when my secondary fan is on.

I can literally turn off my motor at say 190*, and in about 3 minutes drop the water temp down to about 165-170* with my electric fan and e-pump going.

Next im wiring up the intercooler water pump and my e-fan for my rear H/E with relays to be able to cool the SC water down in a flash.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back