• Register Today It's free!

memphis sub in stealthbox!!

fgallo

Reaction score
City, State
shenandoah,pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
i put a memphis 15-pb104d dual voice coil 10 inch in my jl audio stealthbox and it sounds awesome!! only $80.00 and it sounds like a 15 incher. what a differance over the crappy jl 10w6 that was in there!!! all along i thought it was the box and now i know it was the woofer..MEMPHIS WOOFERS ROCK!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What kind of amp is pushing this?

I believe the stealth box comes with a W1, not the W6. The W6 is a great woofer...but running just a single W6 isn't a good idea because of the 6 ohm voice coils. Oh and that memphis may sound good...but there's no way a 10" sub in those tiny stealthbox enclosures is gonna sound like a 15". I'm glad you like the way it sounds though. Congrats.

Steve

Yup, the Stealthbox does not have a W6 in it. It is either a W1 or W0 (I forget). You can run a single W6 if your amp is stable below four ohms. Just wire the voicecoils in parallel for a three ohm load.

peace

Mike

yes the sub box did not come with a w6 i bought the box empty and had a w6 to try from a friend. maybe there was something wrong with it but it only sounded decent up to maybe 1/3 volume then it started breaking up. i ran it at 3 ohms off of an orion amp pushing about 300 watts max. this is the same amp i am using with the memphis and the differance is incredible!!!i am really impressed with the sound this makes for a little 10",and im not new to bass i had a bronco with 2 orion 15"xtr's in bandpass boxes!!! oh yeah,the memphis is running at 2 ohms.

Back