Mercury Mountaineer 2005 Lift Gate Window cranks but does not open | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mercury Mountaineer 2005 Lift Gate Window cranks but does not open

sammouhali

Reaction score
City, State
Abu Dhabi
Year, Model & Trim Level
Mercury Mountaineer-2005
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on explorer forum, hoping for some help for my Mercury Mountaineer 2005 tailgate window.

When I use the remote, or the rear button, the lock cranks, I can clearly hear it, but won't open.... probably as mentioned in some earlier threads, the yellow clip holding the wire of the actuator is broken... Just guessing here!! ..... The tailgate lock itself is working fine, opens and closes normally.... The issue is with the tailgate Window.

Now another issue is trying to remove the tailgate "interior" trim panels... very tricky I guess... It comes in 2 parts..

On the smaller one, right under the glass, I was able to pull out the left and right clips... afterwards, this part looks very loose to me, but still hooked up somewhere in the centre and I am not able to remve it....

On the bigger one, the all around part, again I was able to pull out most, or almost all the clips.... Still hooked up at the centre... the same location where the small part is still hooked up!!!!!!

Any idea how to remove the 2 interior panels, in order to access the actuator and check it...

Also, need some help with the repair itself, whether you guys think it is the yellow clip, that I've only seen some photos of it here in the forum

I've also read somewhere here in the forum that it may be the tailgate window hinges.... checked them and they are fine... no issues.

Thank you for your support
:help:

Back