• Register Today It's free!

Message center help

Mr.Snappy

Reaction score
City, State
OHIO
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Ford Explorer
I've got a issue with the message center on my 95 explorer eddie bauer. I've been having a problem recently where once in a while only the driver side low beam headlight will work. I read where there is a lamp out module located inside the center console near the message center that often gets hot and melts the solder on the circuit board and you have to re-solder it. I'm sure it has something to do with the headlight problem because if I tap on the passenger side of the center console near the ash tray, then the passenger side headlight and both fog lights will come on. I've been doing this for about the last 4-5 months probably every other day.
So last night I decided I would take a look at the LOM module to see if I could re-solder it. It was easy to get to (only has 2 screws holding it in place) took it out and opened it up only to find all the solder was is perfect condition. There was no burnt area where there commonly is. I put it back together and the headlights and fog lights came on and never went off after driving it for about 20 minutes.
But now the message center is reading "low fuel level" and I can't reset it. I know I'm not low on fuel, and even if it was I would be able to hit reset and it should stay off for a while. Has anyone had this problem before?

Back