messed up big time | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

messed up big time

Ok, so i really messed up big time. I had a bunch of clear coat scratches in my drivers door so I decided to wet sand them out. so first I used 1500 grit than 2000 rubbing compounded the area then polishing compound, polish and wax and now the area is still duller than anything. So tomorrow it goes to Bi County auto body, hopefully they will be able to get the shine back with there wheel,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need something more aggressive than rubbing compound. The body shop will be able to buff the area out.

I hope so, i had a gut feeling. And probably doesnt help that my wheel isnt really good for anything but waxing

They will be able to buff it out in no time.

I agree, they'll get it back.

Was it like one of these wax pushers?

21M6RQJ70HL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

No it was the mothers powerball for point that I had on my drill. Obviously the wrong tool, its really not that bad the paint, im just a perfectionist

I can relate to your perfectionist tendencies... :D But yeah- not quite enough oomph. :)

I brought this back (1,000 grit wetsand):

IMG_18452.jpg

IMG_1845-2.jpg

to this:

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

...with my Meguiars G110 and some #83, so if it's better than that, you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Got the ex back today, so far it looks good, they re sanded it and polished it, but its not sunny out so I cant really tell. He told me just to keep waxing it every week like I always did

Back