Mft 2.11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mft 2.11

Hidef

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I took my 2011 Limited to the dealer on Thursday for the cooling fan replacement. They had stopped working. I also had sync upgraded to version 2.11. They had to order the fan and installed it today. Everything seems to be working fine, except I no longer have Sync Services. The icon is gone and if you try using the voice command "services", it shows success but never dials. Anyone else have this problem? I am guessing all of the software did not get installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I took my 2011 Limited to the dealer on Thursday for the cooling fan replacement. They had stopped working. I also had sync upgraded to version 2.11. They had to order the fan and installed it today. Everything seems to be working fine, except I no longer have Sync Services. The icon is gone and if you try using the voice command "services", it shows success but never dials. Anyone else have this problem? I am guessing all of the software did not get installed.

Try rebooting first. In the menu settings you should see a "reset to factory default" option - try that when your vehicle is in Park. If that doesn't work, go to the dealer.

Thanks. I tried the master rest earlier and download and installed the status checker. I guess I'll call the dealer next week.

Thanks. I tried the master rest earlier and download and installed the status checker. I guess I'll call the dealer next week.

Were you able to get SYNC Services back? If not, please private message me with your VIN.

Rebecca

I have an appointment tomorrow morning to get the Sync services reloaded.

Good to hear, Hidef! Let me know if you need me to verify your SYNC Services are there after the re-load.

Rebecca

Dealer got it all working today. They had to talk to Ford and load the Sync Services and Sync Apps separately. Everything is working great.

TOOK MY EXPLORER 302A PKG LTD TO HAVE THE MFT UPGRADED WITHN THE NEW SOFTWARE 2.11 INSTALLED AND SO FAR IT'S WORKING GREAT AND MUCH FASTER START UP WHEN SHIFTING INTO REVERSE THE CAMERA COMES ON ALMOST INSTANTLY AND WHEN MOVING FROM FRAME TO FRAME IT ALSO SWITCHES MUCH FASTER. SO FAR IT'S 10X SMOOTHER I THINK THAT ITS ALL ON THE TECH GUY REAllY HAS TO KNOW WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO DO IT!!!!!

TOOK MY EXPLORER 302A PKG LTD TO HAVE THE MFT UPGRADED WITHN THE NEW SOFTWARE 2.11 INSTALLED AND SO FAR IT'S WORKING GREAT AND MUCH FASTER START UP WHEN SHIFTING INTO REVERSE THE CAMERA COMES ON ALMOST INSTANTLY AND WHEN MOVING FROM FRAME TO FRAME IT ALSO SWITCHES MUCH FASTER. SO FAR IT'S 10X SMOOTHER I THINK THAT ITS ALL ON THE TECH GUY REAllY HAS TO KNOW WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO DO IT!!!!!

You must be really excited it's working better yelling like that. :rolleyes:

huh? I can't hear you Mike, what you say?

trol_for_cool_postcard-p239655343994665456qibm_400.jpg

^^^lol

Back